Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet

Article about: Here is what I believe to be an original SD SS helmet. it looks like you can see a ghost of the runes on the side. but I wanted to run it by the forum first. I found it at a gun show today a

Default SS helmet

Here is what I believe to be an original SD SS helmet. it looks like you can see a ghost of the runes on the side. but I wanted to run it by the forum first. I found it at a gun show today and paid 100 for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet   SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

Nothing?

Hi, no way of telling from how little of the decal is remaining. What is the maker and lot number? That may help to narrow it's chances down. Leon.

I'm guessing it's an ET? The good news you paid around the right money for a stripped shell so that's OK. Lot number would help as Leon said.

ET64 Lot #718

Did the lot # help any?

There is a gap in the lot number database at GHW, but it has the information for lots around yours:

M40 704 ET 66 SD SS steel liner
    M40 709 ET 66 SD SS steel liner
    M40 725 ET 62 SD SS steel liner

This doesn't mean anything concrete, and even if there was a match to yours it wouldn't be definite, but it is pointing in the right direction. Can you get some better pics of the decal area, it is terribly worn and nearly impossible to say anything.

here is another pic, not a lot of detail. but if you catch it in the right light, you can see the ghost of the ss decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet  

Very interesting. I have never seen a decal remnant like this on any helmet.
    When it is applied on the painted surface how do the runes only remain?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I actually did not even know the remnants were there until I got home and inspected it in good light. then when I saw it I flipped out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast