Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS helmet

Article about: Hi All, I have this M42 helmet with SS decal and just wanted to know some thoughts on this item. Many Thanks

?

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    Just an opinion fellows..The decal looks very accurate graphically, but seems too thin for an ET. The camo finish is in my view not original (in a majority of examples, they either masked them or they didn't expose the decal, but that crooked jagged edge around the shield is to me the late '90s style fake).
    Good morning, Kelly,

Thanks for chiming in. The angle shots threw me off. I had to work with these photos. With the new photos, you can clearly see its a bad one with no patina like I originally thought. It's the forums, so u know how that goes sometimes, lol!. Again, thanks

Regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    Just an opinion fellows..The decal looks very accurate graphically, but seems too thin for an ET. The camo finish is in my view not original (in a majority of examples, they either masked them or they didn't expose the decal, but that crooked jagged edge around the shield is to me the late '90s style fake).
    Hey Kelly,

I would bet a good dollar this is a GMAX decal. They are graphically 100% accurate, however the print is quite thick causing ink bubbling, those are the white spots you see in the runes, the ink bubbles pop exposing the fake pulver underneath. The thick print usually offsets the sawtooth edging. In hand it is easy to determine they are bad.

The helmet I think was perhaps a re-enactor helmet at one time. When I uploaded the pics into Aperture last night and saw it was an ET helmet, it was also pretty easy to determine it was bad.

Doug

?

Doug, a straight on shot would have exposed it right away.
    I went by an angle shot, a rule I shouldn't have broken. No worries, it was time I got "caught" out there. ; )

Samir

?

Doug, Kelly, I may have lost a rank on this one, but at least I earned my wound badge.

Regards,
    A wounded officer.

Hi Doug, Thanks for the confirmation on the authenticity. I originally thought it was not right but couldn't be sure that's why I posted it. But thanks to everyone who had input on this helmet it has been lying around with me for years. All the best...

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Doug, a straight on shot would have exposed it right away.
    I went by an angle shot, a rule I shouldn't have broken. No worries, it was time I got "caught" out there. ; )

Samir
    Not too worry! If I had a nickel for every time I thought a bad SS decal was a good one by internet photos I could afford to buy another SS helmet LOL.

The sawtooth effect to the bottom of the runes is quite pronounced also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4