Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss helmet - authentic??? Probably not but would like opinions

Article about: Hello, I was given this helmet by a friend. I have no illusions that it is a true SS helmet but I would like opinions on it anyway. Also whether it is authentic or not, what is it worth in t

Default Ss helmet - authentic??? Probably not but would like opinions

Hello,
    I was given this helmet by a friend.
    I have no illusions that it is a true SS helmet but I would like opinions on it anyway.
    Also whether it is authentic or not, what is it worth in this condition?
    I am looking to sell or trade it locally and would like some idea of value.
    I believe that even if it is not SS, it appears to be a true German helmet.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions   Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions  

Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions   Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions  

Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions   Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet - authentic???  Probably not but would like opinions
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I am afraid not, but the shell is real. I'll leave it to others to discuss value.

I really don't expect it to be a true SS helmet but what about the helmet is authentic and what is it worth as is?

?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    I really don't expect it to be a true SS helmet but what about the helmet is authentic and what is it worth as is?
    Hi Anton, as I said in my post that the shell is real and I tend to leave value discussions for others as it is a subjective matter.

Shells go for anything from $75-200 on eBay. It's hit or miss.

Hi, the decal is a fake ET type SS, the shell is original but messed around with and the liner is not the original one to the helmet. It is in much better order than the shell and if you look closely you can see that the rear liner pin has numerous bends in it from being opened and closed on more than one occasion. There is very little value in this one to a collector I am afraid but a re-enactor may well like it. Leon.

Thanks a lot guys.
    I really appreciate your info.

?

Put it up in the classified section. Or for auction with a starting bid around $100. I think a reenactor would jump right on it. I would have had I not just purchased a similar helmet for reenacting. Good luck!

Thank you for the tips and info.
    I really appreciate it.