Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...

Article about: I'd appreciate some input on this item. It appears to me to be an interesting variant. I Need Your Feedback Please! Thanks, Glenn

Default Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...

I'd appreciate some input on this item. It appears to me to be an interesting variant.
    I Need Your Feedback Please! Thanks, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...   Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...  

Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...   Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stahlhelm Leather Retaining Strap/Harness...

Nobody???

Hi Glenn, not a style I have seen before. But given these were not issue items, variations do exist. While the leather appears old, I would check very carefully for wear on the leather where it should have been in contact with the helmet rim etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you for your input Ade (I was hoping to hear from you on this). The wear is consistant in the areas you mentioned, and I am satisfied as to authenticity. I was surprised that there was little input from the forum on this...because I recognized what it was the moment I saw it, and pounced on it...call it hunter's instinct I guess.
    My major concern was that this was for a different country's helmet! If anyone has any similar items, I would be most grateful if they would share them with the forum, as this is (in my view) an area not often dealt with...Cheers, Glenn

?

Could you show better close ups of the helmet as it appears there is some pitting to the helmet yet the paint seems to cover it, if thats the case then its possible its a repaint and the strap added much later, that would account for the consistency of wear

I used the repainted m35 shell in order to show the STRAP/HARNESS....But I do thank you for taking the time to respond! Glenn

Hi Glenn, I am not really aware of any other countries using these, but I suspect it is possible? But if the wear patterns fit to a German helmet, I think you are OK.

Cheers, Ade.

i have seen exact the same style in a surplus store sold as spanish helmet holder to carry the helmet on a belt

Ah, well there you go......

This is the problem. A Spanish lid would fit....

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks to everyone for your help and input! If it was for the Modelo Z it would likely be made out of canvas instead of leather. I received this item from Bulgaria rather cheap, and I'm pretty sure I have a winner here. Thanks Again Guys! Glenn