Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I have decided to look at the reputable dealers, despite their increased prices. This helmet is listed on Eagle Relics and I have heard that the dealer is quite honest and reputable

Default Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet

Hi guys,

I have decided to look at the reputable dealers, despite their increased prices. This helmet is listed on Eagle Relics and I have heard that the dealer is quite honest and reputable. The helmet is a Quist 68, with a size 59 liner. If the helmet is real it would be the pride of my collection, but I am going to be cautious, even if the dealer is reputable. The lot number is 20726. Many thanks.

Kind regards,
    NS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet   Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet  

Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet   Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet  

Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet   Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

no worries on this lid. Jim G.

M38
    ?

No worries unless the liner really is size 59. A 68 shell should have a 60 or 61 liner. I don't see a size stamp on the leather but it looks like this one fits fine so it is probably the right size. Otherwise a very nice helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

Good catch Terry . I would have that checked out by the dealer and see if that was a typo on their description Friend.

Yes, that is strange. He even has the liner size in the title with an exclamation mark, 'Stahlhelm M35 Luftwaffe DD Parade Helmet – size 59!'.

Being an M35 it is not a parade helmet but a standard factory combat helmet.

How concerned should I be that the dealer has given the helmet a completely wrong title, given it's a combat helmet who's liner should be larger than 59.

Not much. It’s “glossy” so depending on who’s writing the description they may try to jazz it up a tad by using words like that (It would actually turn me off as I collect combat helmets). And some dealers may plum not even know. The onus is on the buyer to know in my opinion. So you did the right thing by posting it here . I would just check out if the liner is labeled wrong by them and why they wrote that as I don’t see a number stamped on the leather . It’s probably fine. Seems to sit in the Helmet ok.
    Z

I noticed the unusual description when this was first listed, but still liked the helmet.
    It has been up for a few weeks now and I would say that John is open to 'doing a deal'. Worth trying to get free postage and a few quid off - doesn't hurt to ask.
    He's easy to deal with.
    Nick

I've emailed John regarding the liner, although the helmet seems honest and I have heard that John is a good guy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast