Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Stalingrad relic M35.

Article about: Hi guy's, I found this interesting M35 Helmet on a Stalingrad relic site a while back and thought i would share it with the forumIt's very unusual as it appear's to have cammo paint under th

My suspicions are that my helmets are prewar cavalry in origin seeing that most German motorized divisions derived from these groups prior to 1941.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad relic M35.
    P
    Many

Quote by dagwood View Post
    Just to clarify I believe this helmet came from a veteran of the 1 Pz Abw Abt 39 regiment which was integrated into the 29th mot div as the 129 Pz Bat (Abt) in Jun 1942. Where from I'm not sure but the 129th was destroyed at Stalingrad. If I'm wrong please correct me or private msg me.
    Hi to regret my dagwood.K this helmet fake. I saw him. I have a big base of fakes. Germans so never wrote on helmets.
    Besides in the German alphabet isn't present and there was never a letter е with points above. Only ä ö ü
    In Volgograd do fakes much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.  

The master of fakes was not competent and was mistaken
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.  

?

Artem when you and Dagwood discuss his helmet. If you could tell about your process of restoration, I would like to know how you did those helmets of yours to that condition?
    You did a fantastic job

Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here several examples of fakes from wash bases.
    On many helmets of the signature just absurdity. Germans never so wrote. It is atypical style for the German helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Quote by Artem 1945 View Post
    fakes from wash bases.
    Sorry, 'wash bases'??

You are an honorable digger Mr Artem.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Artem when you and Dagwood discuss his helmet. If you could tell about your process of restoration, I would like to know how you did those helmets of yours to that condition?
    You did a fantastic job

Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi I keep Azphil.Ya a helmet in solution of oxalic acid of 30 minutes, in warm water. One glass of powder of acid (200-250 grams) on 10-12 liters of water. Then I clean reaction of acid water with soap. About one hour a helmet lies in water soap to clean effect of acid on metal. Then I well we send the land, it is possible the hair dryer for hair and I use WD-40 oil. If I am required I clean the rest from a helmet hands - mechanically.
    I can film and send detailed process to you on WhatsApp.
    I apologize for my bad English, I use the translator. I will write the following letter in good English, I will ask the friend to translate to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Sorry, 'wash bases'??
    I see fakes at once. It is a lot of just absurd inscriptions. It never was. Through my hands there has passed the huge number of helmets. I see style of masters of fakes, for me it isn't difficult to distinguish it. In macroshooting I see as it is bad it is made also.
    At the Russian forum there is a page with these fakes too.
    Business of everyone to trust or not. I don't believe. To everyone to solve. And at least several spelling errors.

macrophoto

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast