Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Stalingrad relic M35.

Article about: Hi guy's, I found this interesting M35 Helmet on a Stalingrad relic site a while back and thought i would share it with the forumIt's very unusual as it appear's to have cammo paint under th

Notice there is some clear feldgrau colour
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad relic M35.
    P
    Many

You might want to consider electrolysis for that rust removal.

Just received it today, better pictures. I can clearly see lots of paint underneath and the rust is not quite a lot, reckon the oxalic acid could do well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Stalingrad relic M35.  

shootest
    ?

The odd color could be the chemical reaction of the soil it was buried in for so many years ! The liner looks a bit odd and I to would like to know what the ring in the rear of the helmet is, does it look like it might have been added by the soldier ? Maybe for hanging the helmet ?

Quote by shootest View Post
    The odd color could be the chemical reaction of the soil it was buried in for so many years ! The liner looks a bit odd and I to would like to know what the ring in the rear of the helmet is, does it look like it might have been added by the soldier ? Maybe for hanging the helmet ?
    Thanks for your comments, reckon the odd color is on the surface of the rust, but I can clearly see that the feldgrau is underneath that and that is exactly what I have to get rid off, pretty confident that the oxalic acid could do a more than decent contribution to it. As for the ring on the rear of the helmet, do not exactly know what you mean, could you maybe pinpoint it for me?

Quote by Artem 1945 View Post
    Hi Gary. I have many helmets from excavation, them I cleaned all oxalic acid. Very good result.
    Some examples.
    Best regards,Аrtem.
    hi what do you think of this one..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad relic M35.   Stalingrad relic M35.  

Cool old helmet.

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    Hi guy's,
    I found this interesting M35 Helmet on a Stalingrad relic site a while back and thought i would share it with the forumIt's very unusual as it appear's to have cammo paint under the liner (or is it apple green?) as well as unit number over the top.Somthing different that i have never seen before and how's the colour? It look's like the white has reacted with other cammo paint and turned it a greenish blue colour
    Tom
    Hi what relic site did you get it from

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks for your comments, reckon the odd color is on the surface of the rust, but I can clearly see that the feldgrau is underneath that and that is exactly what I have to get rid off, pretty confident that the oxalic acid could do a more than decent contribution to it. As for the ring on the rear of the helmet, do not exactly know what you mean, could you maybe pinpoint it for me?
    hi did you do the oxalic acid thing to this one.if so how did it come up be cool to see photos.

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    Hi guy's,
    I found this interesting M35 Helmet on a Stalingrad relic site a while back and thought i would share it with the forumIt's very unusual as it appear's to have cammo paint under the liner (or is it apple green?) as well as unit number over the top.Somthing different that i have never seen before and how's the colour? It look's like the white has reacted with other cammo paint and turned it a greenish blue colour
    Tom

Helmet brother of your helmet. Just the same inscription. It is found in Stalingrad a month ago.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast