Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Still trying to figure out this thing -----

Article about: That's a Helmet Die, I've only ever seen these in pictures. Great piece of militaria. I saw one of these for sale in an online auction and it was not as complete as yours. SOLD PRICE OF \\$4,7

?

Default Still trying to figure out this thing -----

Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----

This heavy steel object is made of one piece (apart from the red wooden piece).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Still trying to figure out this thing -----
    P
    Many

?

Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----

This object is made of cast metal and has the same markings.

?

I Like It...Just get the 10 ton press and some sheet steel and you should be in business !!!
    On a serious note. Does an M35 or M42 fit in that jig?
    With all the serious stahlhelm collectors on here, I would think that somebody could put an ID to who made the jigs for the major helmet makers.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Looks like a set of helmet die's to me to. What a ripper.

I wonder what size shell ?

Super, cheers for posting that. A most interesting item.

Dave

Did you recently buy this Brian? I was wondering about it myself some time ago. I didn't realise it had extra bits to it.

If you didn't recently get it, there is another floating about.

?

Very interesting dies Brian I have never seen a complete one with the bottom press plate before
    Hi Andy I have seen two of these floating around in the last couple of months as well both were listed on Evil bay but they were incomplete as they were only the top half of the dies.

Regards Mark K

Quote by Brian View Post

This heavy steel object is made of one piece (apart from the red wooden piece).
    The strangest single drainer sink unit I have ever seen.

Very cool press tool die I assume as others have posted.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Did you recently buy this Brian? I was wondering about it myself some time ago. I didn't realise it had extra bits to it.

If you didn't recently get it, there is another floating about.
    I've had this for awhile. The size of the 'helmet shapes' seems to be about 66cm, but I do not have a larger pot to see if it fits over the top of it.
    I'm not sure if the stand-alone helm is actually the top piece of the press (as it is made from more fragile cast metal). I would think the top piece would look somewhat similar to the bottom, with heavy plate steel construction.

I had suspected that the stand-alone helm was an alignment tool used for the hole punch machinery (my guess).

?

Default M40 helmet blank

Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----Still trying to figure out this thing -----

An M40 helmet blank with damaged rim, just prior to rim rolling it appears.
    This is a post-war blank as evidenced by the stubby visor and the faint band left by the pressing machinery. No factory markings.

some one posted a short video of a factory in germany makeing german helmets a while ago. the helmets looked like 40 or m35 being made. you can see how they pressed the flat sheet of steel in two different presses, then finshed off by hand hammering the skert. but maybe this type of die was used late war for the m42.when the helmets were heat pressed into the complete shape in one hit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast