Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.

Article about: up

Default Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.

This rare helmet was stolen from the Ciney Show last weekend. The details below are from the thread the owner made on WAF recently. I am reposting here to maximise his chances.

Attention Fellow members
    Then it happened to me,this special M35 helmet with oversized decal was stolen from my table at the Ciney show Sunday,probaly long gone now,so nothing much to do about,But if anyone are offered or seeing this helmet for sale,please let me know,here is a few photos and a discription of the helmet:

very special Wehrmacht M35 helmet with oversized decal,no markings found in the shell,
    maybe because of thick paint,but I figured out the shell is 62.
    Shell has a small dent on top.
    Dark liner,size 54 i guess ,has been treated with oil,linerring do have some damage,not broken,but bent.
    Chinstrap not original to the helmet,a piece missing on the strap(8 holes left)and it has been broken and has a repair.

the Decal measure is:

4.7 CM high
    and
    4.1 CM wide

Thanks for looking
    Cheers
    J.S

A link to the thread;
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=630093

A link to the owner's profile (Jørn Schmidt) at WAF, contact him there with any news. Or if not a member at WAF, contact me and I will get in touch.
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=1799
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.   Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.  

Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.   Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.  

Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.   Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stolen M35 Helmet. Rare oversized decal.

Great helmet, terrible thing to endure !
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It is a very rare one, sad time for the owner

I forgot to add this close up of the unusual decal.

?

Not good, not good at all....it'll be a hard one to shift, though the thief probaly intends to keep it...

As an aside, why the oversize decal?

its sad to here that people can be so low hope it gets back to him and then goes to a honest collector

?

Thieving swine!
    (not you, AMTG)

Hi sorry to hear about the Helmet i have sold at that show a few times over the years and each time something gets nicked you have to chain these sort of high end items to the table , i think there are gangs working this fair and i have also heard of pickpockets also there so beware if you go there selling or buying

Thanks for looking guys. No idea about the big decal sorry, it was the first time I've seen one like this

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Not good, not good at all....it'll be a hard one to shift, though the thief probaly intends to keep it...

As an aside, why the oversize decal?
    Thats for sure that would be his intent,, but what use is a helmet hidden and no one else to admire it. Someone eventually is bound to see it,, hopefully. I hope it turns up. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

People like this are cold hearted, and deserve to go to jail. Hope it shows up....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast