Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Strange Camo

Article about: Also, I was just confused because I thought everybody missed the helmet...... Here are the other pitures that you wanted. The liner has initials and the seller says it blood stained. I don't

Default Re: Strange Camo

Also, I was just confused because I thought everybody missed the helmet...... Here are the other pitures that you wanted. The liner has initials and the seller says it blood stained. I don't see that. The last picture just looks like some kind of melted candy...... The decal is original to me comparisons...
    Strange CamoStrange CamoStrange CamoStrange CamoStrange Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Camo
    P
    Many

Hi Kyle, it would not have been black, but dark feldgrau paint, then over painted a lighter green, this has all heavily worn leaving it looking how it does today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok, thanks Adrian!

?

Hi Kyle, it's neither "forest" nor "swamp", which aren't really collector terms nor practical in describing a camo pattern as a soldier could be in a swamp or forest one day and in a wheat field the next. Collectors have coined various regions for describing camos, like "Normandy", "winter", "Russian front" and my personal favorite (NOT) "tropical". Please note, the Germans in WW2 did not fight in the Tropics....I hate hate hate that term LOL.

Getting back to this helmet, it's just a simple green camo, could have been anywhere. Except the tropics.

I have an M40 reissue that has turned a shade of brown as well, giving it a similar appearance...
    Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange Camo 

It,s a nice re-issue lid that has just worn with use IMO.Certainly not a "cammo"in that sense of the word,as for the blood staining,it is possible that is accurate as the chinstrap may have been cut,but that could just have split? Well worth buying at the right price though.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Please note, the Germans in WW2 did not fight in the Tropics....I hate hate hate that term LOL.
    Quite right Doug - although they DID fight in the sub-tropics!! The northern Tropical region is that area south of the tropic of cancer which lies 23° 26′ north of the Equator and in Africa runs through Libya and Egypt ( but right at the south of those countries ). The sub-tropics extend from there to the north and into Spain, Italy and Greece.

So to be pedantically correct, we should say they DID fight in the 'sub-tropical regions'. ( FINALLY my high school geography class is helpful )
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Only reason the thought of a camo came up is because of helmet covers what were disigned a certain way for certain biome. Mistakes are made....

?

It is also noteworthy that the battlefields in Tunisia in the spring of 1943 were vivid GREEN in places, as shown in a wonderful color photos taken at the time. Photos of helmets in that series showed a number of feltgrau Heer helmets, and I should think green painted camo helmets could have easily been used there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2