Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange Luftshutz Helmet..

Article about: by dramos The seller seemed to be pretty straight forward about it when I spoke with him last summer. He told me that he himself had been told (by a collector) that it was post war. Now, aft

?

Default Strange Luftshutz Helmet..

I came across this helmet about a year ago at an antique shop. I was told by the owner that the metal contraption in the helmet made it post war. If memory serves me right he had a $450 price tag on it. I passed on it but came across it recently in my files and wanted to see what people had to say about it. I've never seen another like it but possibly someone else has.. Sadly these are the only photos I took, but hopefully they will be enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Luftshutz Helmet..   Strange Luftshutz Helmet..  

Strange Luftshutz Helmet..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Luftshutz Helmet..
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange Luftshutz Helmet..

Pity we cant see the vents or lack of them, but i'd say this is post war with a luftschutz decal.

?

Sorry about the pictures Gunny, it was taken way before I knew how to properly photograph a helmet.

-Doug

?

Yeh, tht liner is commonly found in post war BGS lids.....so as already said, could well be a post war lid with dodgy decal, it might have had vent holes or not,though the fact it wouldn't have rivets due to the centre hung liner system would place this as post war

From what I can see of the decal I think it's a fake. As the other said, probably a post war mock up and the seller probably has no idea about helmets, so they just sell it as original. I was surprised at the number of dealers who really dont know ther stuff when it comes to helmets. It's not many, but I've met a few.

?

The seller seemed to be pretty straight forward about it when I spoke with him last summer. He told me that he himself had been told (by a collector) that it was post war. Now, after learning much more about the hobby, I realize just how overpriced that helmet was.

Has anyone ever seen the strange metal liner thing before?

I'm pretty sure it's a fake decal too. The wings at the corners don't look right from what I can see. The liner and probably shell is I think post war West German.

?

Possibly a helmet made to sell to a GI?

?

It's BGS post war lid......they are the same style as WW2, however some have liner pins and vent holes, some have just vent holes for this type of liner and some have no holes at all....west german border guards wore them

The liner style changed after WWII and a top suspension mounted type was used - even in the classic Stahlhelm. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast