MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stripped M35.

Article about: Hi Danmark, It was a big surprise there was anything decent underneath to be honest. I was expecting more bad paint or bare metal, so am well pleased with the result. Dunno about amphetamine

Default Stripped M35.

Hello all, not sure this whether this should be a new thread or not as it relates to a helmet I posted on here a couple of weeks ago.
    Anyway, forum cock ups aside, the good gentlemen on here identified the helmet as being original but with a post war over paint (and bad bad decals!),
    so I disappeared to the shed and stripped off the offending paint and this is the result. Looking alot better now I think.Stripped M35.Stripped M35.Stripped M35.Stripped M35.Stripped M35.Stripped M35.

Thanks all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stripped M35.
    P
    Many

A very light grey paint compared to the ones I have seen.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Hi matt,
    Yeah it does look quite light in the pictures but is a little darker for real. And its also very clean now as a result of the stripping.
    Maybe this isnt the original paint either!!?

Thanks for your reply.

Quote by centigas View Post
    Hi matt,
    Yeah it does look quite light in the pictures but is a little darker for real. And its also very clean now as a result of the stripping.
    Maybe this isnt the original paint either!!?

Thanks for your reply.
    Maybe its not? and sorry I didn't say this earlier welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 05-24-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Best Regards Matt

It's hard to tell but this could be an original wartime paint layer, shades varied significantly sometimes. A reissue / overpaint if so, not a factory finish. Is this that lid that had the hand painted eagle on it? Much better than it used to look anyway, I wouldn't keep digging if it was mine.

Hello Kradspam,
    yes your right this is the one that had the hand painted eagle on it. Its definately not a factory finish as you can see brush marks in it, maybe done in the field?
    Under some of the chips and scuffs is what looks like (to me) the original factory paint. I am a lot happier with it like this and wont be doing any more to it.

Thanks for your reply, and cheers for the welcome Matt.

Quote by centigas View Post
    Hello Kradspam,
    yes your right this is the one that had the hand painted eagle on it. Its definately not a factory finish as you can see brush marks in it, maybe done in the field?
    Under some of the chips and scuffs is what looks like (to me) the original factory paint. I am a lot happier with it like this and wont be doing any more to it.

Thanks for your reply, and cheers for the welcome Matt.
    No problem. It doesn't seem long ago I joined the forum but when I look at the date of my joining and posts im like
    Best Regards Matt

Know what you mean Matt. It dosent seem that long ago I was 21-but then I notice all that grey hair.

Looks very good IMO.

100% improvement! ..... doesn't it give you a buzz when something works out like this?

.....that's the collector amphetamine kicking in ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast