Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stubborn guy with a shell

Article about: by theduke635 A couple wartime photo's of the Shiney Kompfgrouppe the first pic is Elton Johns Grand Papa (i'm a stinker!) (P.S. \\$50 in Duke fun bucks if you can name the play) ok duke im th

Default Re: Stubborn guy with a shell

A couple wartime photo's of the Shiney Kompfgrouppe the first pic is Elton Johns Grand Papa (i'm a stinker!) (P.S. $50 in Duke fun bucks if you can name the play)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stubborn guy with a shell   Stubborn guy with a shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stubborn guy with a shell
    P
    Many

Quote by theduke635 View Post
    A couple wartime photo's of the Shiney Kompfgrouppe the first pic is Elton Johns Grand Papa (i'm a stinker!) (P.S. $50 in Duke fun bucks if you can name the play)
    The Producers. I accept cash or check. Jim G.

Turtle
    ?

Looks exactly like the chrome helmet I bought for riding motorcycles. (Yeah, I know, it's not DOT approved. Probably cause its Nazis!)

So, let the guy know he has competition, I'll take $1,000 OBO for my helmet. It has stamps on the interior and original liner as well.

I will say I have heard rumors that chrome helmets were supposedly worn during dress parade ceremonies by the person heading up the parade. I have never been able to verify any information on an original chrome dress parade helmet. Someone even mentioned seeing one referenced in a book.

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I figured my helmet was a post-war chrome job from the 1960's or 1970's. I remember motorcycle riders were into chrome german helmets because they looked cool. Companies now manufacture DOT approved German style helmets but they don't look as good as the real thing.

In any case, the chrome on the helmet looks sprayed on. I originally thought the Germans didn't have that technology and if it were a genuine German chrome helmet would have been dipped and entirely chromed. However, I recently discovered that the Germans chromed the interior of certain barrels like the MG42 to extend their life. Not sure how they did it but since chrome doesn't appear on any external portions of barrels the concept just raises more questions about a chrome helmet.

Just my two cents!

Tom

this guy told me himself that it had "one a' them silver lightning bolt stickers on it" but he stripped the paint off in the 70's and chromed it. this guy knows absolutely nothing about germahn helmets and its very saddening : (

he insisted that if someone wanted it original again, all they have to do is repaint it and presto, hes got an original helmet.

One of my nephews wants one of these chromed helmets, but really, it's been ruined,
    and only worth about $100 - $150, IMO...............
    Regards,

Steve.

Some peoples kids lol

ian
    ?

whot a ploncker "sorry Dave i didnt your name was Rodeny but ill remember in the future ok Dave ??? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it takes all sorts to make a world ,and at least we have something to laugh about ,,cheers to you all ian

Quote by NickD View Post
    well the problem is he's googled German helmets seen a few go for high prices & thinks he's is worth the same but what he dosent seem to understand is the fact that what has been done to it has totally ruined any chance of ever getting a good price for it & he sounds like a guy that wont be told otherwise so don't waist your breath trying to help him out just leave well alone & he simply just wont sell his item its as simple as that.

nick i totally agree with you there,what a goof

how you been mate?

?

i sent him a nice email. people suck. its sad that people dont research things before they act upon ideas. If this helmet had decals/liner/straps/etc before he "chromed" it (hahahaha) it could have been a nice peice. too bad hes an idiot and thinks he can get a mobile vehicle for this junk. and he actually thinks that he could just repaint it and it would be an original again speaks for itself.

what a donkey lol , the other day a guy i was talking to said his dad brought back a full ss dress uniform with shirmmutz ,belt ,holster ,luger etc etc i told him if he wants to sell ill document it all here but heard nothing yet probably a good chunk of b.sh*t but you never know what would a full unifrom be worth if genuine??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast