Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stubborn guy with a shell

Article about: by theduke635 A couple wartime photo's of the Shiney Kompfgrouppe the first pic is Elton Johns Grand Papa (i'm a stinker!) (P.S. \\$50 in Duke fun bucks if you can name the play) ok duke im th

Default Re: Stubborn guy with a shell

Quote by theduke635 View Post
    A couple wartime photo's of the Shiney Kompfgrouppe the first pic is Elton Johns Grand Papa (i'm a stinker!) (P.S. $50 in Duke fun bucks if you can name the play)
    ok duke im thinking the producers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stubborn guy with a shell
    P
    Many

?

The name of the play is Springtime for Hitler the movie was the Producers. Gary

Ahhhh the WRF........ the Wolf Pack of the high internet seas hunting down misguided sellers ! I LOVE IT!

well i was close rf ive never seen the play just both versions of the movie

Quote by Turtle View Post
    Looks exactly like the chrome helmet I bought for riding motorcycles. (Yeah, I know, it's not DOT approved. Probably cause its Nazis!)

So, let the guy know he has competition, I'll take $1,000 OBO for my helmet. It has stamps on the interior and original liner as well.

I will say I have heard rumors that chrome helmets were supposedly worn during dress parade ceremonies by the person heading up the parade. I have never been able to verify any information on an original chrome dress parade helmet. Someone even mentioned seeing one referenced in a book.

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I figured my helmet was a post-war chrome job from the 1960's or 1970's. I remember motorcycle riders were into chrome german helmets because they looked cool. Companies now manufacture DOT approved German style helmets but they don't look as good as the real thing.

In any case, the chrome on the helmet looks sprayed on. I originally thought the Germans didn't have that technology and if it were a genuine German chrome helmet would have been dipped and entirely chromed. However, I recently discovered that the Germans chromed the interior of certain barrels like the MG42 to extend their life. Not sure how they did it but since chrome doesn't appear on any external portions of barrels the concept just raises more questions about a chrome helmet.

Just my two cents!

Tom
    They would have put a coating of some sort on the areas that were not
    to be chromed, like paint or wax, that would not be affected
    by the electroplating process.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by theduke635 View Post
    Folks, I bought this helmet ..What you "experts" dont understand is that this is a very rare SA/SS/Heer/Luftwaffe triple decal helmet factory chromed for the elite Shiney Kopfgruppe they where eliminated pretty quickly at the start of the war ..but that was mostly due to the sequin uniforms and snappy white jack boots......Elton John's Grand father founded the unit .....This is no joke Google it !!!
    I've heard of these guys !

Those shiney helmets and 'fancy' uniforms made their enemy go blind........... !
    Regards,

Steve.

The play was the Producers ! Duke fun bucks to everybody! (duke fun bucks only good for chrome German Helmets and you have to have $14,000 in Duke Fun Bucks to buy one!)

ha i got it right and woohoo 13500 more till i get a shiny helmet lol

I run into people like this in Mexico all the time. They think anything shaped like a German helmet is automatically a collector's item of high value. As soon as you express interest in the helmet, they think that you are trying to rip them off and that it must now be worth even more than they had fantasized. Some guy tried to sell me a Chinese copy of an M40 for 2000 dollars. He told me that it would be impossible to copy a real German helmet and even pointed to the nice new stamp with the 1939 date on the liner. Nobody could possibly fake a date stamp like that right? I just told him thanks for his time and walked away from him and his junk. Don't waste your time with people who think they are experts and have no clue as to what they are selling.

George

yeah we have a classic clothing store in town thst has cuff titles and collar tabs all at 200 us plus each and all fake as fake too but they claim originals hmmmm im a novie but even i know there needs to be some aging and an ss badge has always got some kind of marking system on the rear and not a flat soilid rear with lines running through it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast