Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Support Real steel suspension reduction

Article about: Hello everyone , I was just informed that David was suspended already in October. I just thought he was on holiday or something. I wrote to the administration to get him back on the forum. I

MAP
    ?

Frank,

I speak to David quite often and have been encouraging him to return as often as I can. I'm doing what I can and will continue. He's a good friend and I miss having him around.

I couldn't agree more with what you, Anderson and JP and the others have said.

He is the most knowledgeable helmet enthusiast I have ever met in person with an eagle eye. Loves helping out new and old collectors and will give you the shirt off his back when he can.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Support Real steel suspension reduction
    P
    Many

I am afraid I must play devil's advocate here. I do not like to stick my neck out, but nor will I deny the truth.

David is, without a doubt, a gifted and invaluable member of this forum. He has helped me countless times, assisted me in finding my first proper German helmet (now one of the crown jewels of my collection) and sent it to me at his own expense, with some generous extras included. A real stand-up guy. His knowledge of WWII German steel helmets is unrivaled.

However, I have seen incidents in the past where he has corresponded with other members in a fashion not in keeping with the spirit of this forum. These included mockery and threats, mostly via PM, but also openly on the forum. Most of the public posts were consequently deleted by moderators.

Having witnessed what I witnessed, and from what I was told of the incidents that led to his suspension, I do not believe that the suspension was unjust. We are all human, and nobody is perfect. But David's conduct at the time of his suspension was simply not in keeping with the spirit of WRF. Being openly abrasive and belligerent does nobody any favours, and making threats to other members via PM is not acceptable in any circumstance.

I have a very thick skin when it comes to most things, as a result of past life experiences. But as someone who did experience bullying on a personal level, it is not something I would expect to see tolerated in such a fine forum as this one.

Regards, B.B.

Dav
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I am afraid I must play devil's advocate here. I do not like to stick my neck out, but nor will I deny the truth.

David is, without a doubt, a gifted and invaluable member of this forum. He has helped me countless times, assisted me in finding my first proper German helmet (now one of the crown jewels of my collection) and sent it to me at his own expense, with some generous extras included. A real stand-up guy. His knowledge of WWII German steel helmets is unrivaled.

However, I have seen incidents in the past where he has corresponded with other members in a fashion not in keeping with the spirit of this forum. These included mockery and threats, mostly via PM, but also openly on the forum. Most of the public posts were consequently deleted by moderators.

Having witnessed what I witnessed, and from what I was told of the incidents that led to his suspension, I do not believe that the suspension was unjust. We are all human, and nobody is perfect. But David's conduct at the time of his suspension was simply not in keeping with the spirit of WRF. Being openly abrasive and belligerent does nobody any favours, and making threats to other members via PM is not acceptable in any circumstance.

I have a very thick skin when it comes to most things, as a result of past life experiences. But as someone who did experience bullying on a personal level, it is not something I would expect to see tolerated in such a fine forum as this one.

Regards, B.B.
    It is eye opening to hear about this I suppose, and it reveals that even those who may come across as kind and helpful may also make mistakes and have a slightly more troublesome side. It is a shame to hear this and again, I suppose some people may just have it more difficult- it is often easy to forget what may go on "behind closed doors" in PM's. Conversely, you never know what someone may be going through in their lives outside of the forum and that sometimes the negativity may show through in how they conduct themselves on the forum. On another note, it's nice to see your old profile picture back Brodie, I missed it

?

Come on Admin!!!!
    Where is your Christmas Spirit??
    Cut him a Huss!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yep bring him back!

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post

Regards, B.B.
    There's one in every crowd Mate, it make things interesting! I've had my insults etc. as well.

I agree whole hearted to getting David back, I too just assumed he was away on his holidays as I cannot devote so much time here now and did not realise something had happened. I will send him an email myself to "catch up" and encourage, Leon.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Come on Admin!!!!
    Where is your Christmas Spirit??
    Cut him a Huss!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Ok Phil what the Frick is a "Huss" you got me!!

Hi Guys, while I admire support for a friend, rules are rules.

I like to play fair and be open and honest.

But bad behaviour has to have consequences regardless of who you are within the forum.

Dave was given a 3 month time out. I will look at when this term is served.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I also would like to add my support and gratitude to David - it was he that helped me out greatly when i was (and still am) learning about German helmets. Not only did he take the time to personally help me find a good SS helmet but then sent to me as a gift a chinstrap to complete it.

He takes the time to help others here on the forum and elsewhere on a daily basis, really goes the extra mile.

I have no issues with any members of this forum, and i hope anything that has happened in the past can now be put to rest and we can move forward.
    I'm hoping David will return and continue to give his helmet advice to this forum.

Nick

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast