Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Support Real steel suspension reduction

Article about: Hello everyone , I was just informed that David was suspended already in October. I just thought he was on holiday or something. I wrote to the administration to get him back on the forum. I

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I did not want to post on this thread, but the above statement - from a moderator, no less - forces my hand.

So, if I bring a PM containing insults and threats to the administrator's attention, it is about my "ego and whining", did I get this right?

Hello,
    Sorry to say but no one forced you to post on this thread except you. As the matter was discussed on the moderator's forum only, a very little amount of members actually knew about the all story and at the beginning, this amount was zero (except admins and mods). I did not mention you and by the way if you were indeed included in my mind in people i'm talking about, you're not the only one.

No, you did not get it right i'm afraid. Reporting insults or threads in PMs is a normal thing. In 11 years as a moderator, i also received complains/dispute involving several members and always tried to fix things before passing the file upstairs and it worked fairly well until today. No, these two words i used are for the rest, what was reported by mods in the moderator's forum about some behaviour behind the scene. As all this also ended up in the moderator's forum, i won't show it here, but it's up to you to share with our members the content of some of your PMs to mods. Up to you to tell them what your requests were and let them appeciate if the use of these two words was exaggerated or not.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Support Real steel suspension reduction
    P
    Many

How soon everyone forgets the verbal abuse that reel steel subjected forum members to. But I suppose his contributions in the German helmet forum are considered too 'valuable' by certain forum members and exonerate him from his past despicable behaviour. What a fickle lot you are... the fact that anyone can support his swift return speaks volumes about your own willingness to condone such behaviour as his on internet forums. People like David do not learn from their mistakes, and had it been any other member but him, they would have been banned outright for their behaviour. I fully expect to receive a lot of flak for my comments, but this really is how I see it.

I see. Rejoice, then, in David's future contributions, for you will have none of mine anymore.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I see. Rejoice, then, in David's future contributions, for you will have none of mine anymore.
    No sorry, but apparently you do not see the right things. I do have no dog in this race and i do know without any doubt that dealing with people on an open forum is far from being easy. Different characters, different cultures, different ways to approach and deal with things, different knowledges, everything is different. David and you have a great knowledge that helps our members on a daily basis, so why go further than that ?
    Isn't that enough ? is it not enough to help people to ID their stuff and help them sometimes to save a lot of money for future and better purchases ?
    I already told David that someone with his experience and knowledge should be wiser when dealing with other members. All collectors above 55 or 60 years old should have some kind of wiseness when communicating with others, especially for something that matters very much to them.
    I give no excuse to David, there is a gap between seriousness and agressivity, a gap i don't want our members to cross.

There are married couples that live apart in the same house for the children's sake for years......and you tell us that you can't live on the same forum than David for our members' sake ?
    If he's here, i'm out...why always putting something in the balance ?
    Ego

All i ask for christmas is david back on the forum when his suspension is over, you staying on the forum to keep on helping our members and a new BMW M5 (one of these wishes won't be i'm afraid). Your help on the forum deserves a great respect, an unkown TR cap ?, a never seen before piping ? HPL has the answer very often and in that sense your dedication to help is highly valuable and it would very sad for our members if you decide to go away.

We also could say that this all story was a cheese soufflé that inflated too much and exploded all over the faces of the cooks....
    no big deal when you look closely
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

If you can't do the time don't do the crime. Have people forgotten some of his egotistical underhanded behaviour, the time he tried to get a perfectly polite and mature teenager banned because he was under age?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime. Have people forgotten some of his egotistical underhanded behaviour, the time he tried to get a perfectly polite and mature teenager banned because he was under age?
    It's not just a matter of what has been said , it is also a matter of moderation. In those situations moderators need to intervene and take away the soapbox BEFORE people explode and say things they may regret saying,
    A forum has plenty of tools to shut people up in heated discussions but you need to use them.
    You can close a topic before things get out of hand , you can put certain members on post preview which means mods can read the post before anyone else and need to approve it.
    So there are options to prevent long winded arguments from happening which in turn keeps everyone happy.
    I see Ade alone manages 10 forums which makes it hard to be present everywhere and intervene on time. Arguments always have a bad impact on forums hence the need for moderators.

I dont really have an insight to what dregree Dave acted wrong, but i think dealing in absolutes is mostly a bad idea.
    So i would suppose to let him come back, and ban him permanently if he acts in the same manner again, that should sattisfy everyone,
    the people that want to give him a new chance and the people who want him banned permanently.
    If they are right and he did not change his behavior, he wont stay long on the forum.
    If they are wrong, the forum retains one Member with a seemingly very valubel knowledge, so that he can help many others.
    Last edited by Adravor; 12-14-2019 at 12:46 PM.

CBH
    ?

This is the first I've heard of this, I agree that David is missed and I'd wondered what happen to him.
    But his membership isn't worth more than everyone else.
    Particularly HPL's who translations are very welcomed by the unilingual, like myself.
    Also his vast knowledge of the many organizations that made up the TR.
    This news saddens me and I hate to hear of members fighting on a personal level.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ok Phil what the Frick is a "Huss" you got me!!
    It's a Marine thing!
    Hear Ya Go Mate, A little Devil Dog Lingo!!!
    Bottom of Page!!
    Unofficial, Unabridged Dictionary For Marines - An attempt to capture the lexicon of the United States Marine Corps

Semper Fi
    Phil

Check out Honker!! Yeah I went to NAS Memphis for TRAINING!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast