Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Support Real steel suspension reduction

Article about: Hello everyone , I was just informed that David was suspended already in October. I just thought he was on holiday or something. I wrote to the administration to get him back on the forum. I

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    OK this might have just been me . this thread I though it was something i have not heard of before.
    And it was something about helmet liners and genuine steel suspension systems in German helmets.
    Your Not alone!!!
    When I first read the title I thought it was about Real Steel Suspenders! LOL!!! I thought, I got to see who was wearing steel suspenders during the war!!!Till I put my glasses on a read the first thread!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Support Real steel suspension reduction
    P
    Many

There should be zero tolerance for bullying behaviour, under any circumstance.

No knowledge is so valuable that the bearer's bad behavior should be excused or overlooked.

It is not 'ego' for a person to dislike being bullied. Was it my ego that made me fear going to school every day? Was it my ego that made me hide between classes? A person is under no obligation to tolerate bullying behavior, and they have every right to call it out when they see it, and voice their displeasure. To disagree with that sentiment is to agree with -- and to take the side of -- a bully.

I do not hate David. I do not even dislike him. His knowledge is a valuable asset to the forum, and he often goes out of his way to help others. He can be terse at times, but it's a good way to cut through the crap and get straight to brass tacks, as they say.

However, given my own past experiences, I will condemn any bullying and threatening behavior to my last breath. I will not tolerate seeing it anywhere, and if I have a voice that may speak out against it, I will use it. I'll not be cowed by popular opinion, as I am sure others here will not either. it was Mark Twain who said: 'If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect'. I would advise others here to heed those words, to look inwards, and to judge if their support for David is honest and true, or motivated by popular opinion.

Do not let yourselves be blinded by favoritism. It is a poison that has seeped into this place before, to terrible effect. This is a fine place, one of the greatest places for militaria collectors to gather on the internet. If this squabble splits it apart, it will not only be unfortunate, it will be utterly shameful. You are all intelligent men, without the faintest doubt. Use that intelligence here. Please.

Regards, B.B.

I think some people should go back and read Franks original post. It wasn't about condoning any offense, simply enough time out already, cut the guy some slack. Merry Christmas!

Wow, what a lecture form BrodieBart.... twice.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I think some people should go back and read Franks original post. It wasn't about condoning any offense, simply enough time out already, cut the guy some slack. Merry Christmas!
    He was given three months for what he did, and that is what he should serve. Good and very knowledgeable forum members have been lost to us all partially because of him, and there is no coming back for them either... not even because it's Christmas. Don't worry, it will soon be January, and normal service will resume.

Dav
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    No sorry, but apparently you do not see the right things. I do have no dog in this race and i do know without any doubt that dealing with people on an open forum is far from being easy. Different characters, different cultures, different ways to approach and deal with things, different knowledges, everything is different. David and you have a great knowledge that helps our members on a daily basis, so why go further than that ?
    Isn't that enough ? is it not enough to help people to ID their stuff and help them sometimes to save a lot of money for future and better purchases ?
    I already told David that someone with his experience and knowledge should be wiser when dealing with other members. All collectors above 55 or 60 years old should have some kind of wiseness when communicating with others, especially for something that matters very much to them.
    I give no excuse to David, there is a gap between seriousness and agressivity, a gap i don't want our members to cross.

There are married couples that live apart in the same house for the children's sake for years......and you tell us that you can't live on the same forum than David for our members' sake ?
    If he's here, i'm out...why always putting something in the balance ?
    Ego

All i ask for christmas is david back on the forum when his suspension is over, you staying on the forum to keep on helping our members and a new BMW M5 (one of these wishes won't be i'm afraid). Your help on the forum deserves a great respect, an unkown TR cap ?, a never seen before piping ? HPL has the answer very often and in that sense your dedication to help is highly valuable and it would very sad for our members if you decide to go away.

We also could say that this all story was a cheese soufflé that inflated too much and exploded all over the faces of the cooks....
    no big deal when you look closely
    Thanks
    I agree, I feel that yes by the sounds of things (which may have not initially have been clear to members who are out of the loop like me) the extent of what he may have said to other users justifies the suspension- especially the comments towards a younger collector. I feel as if 3 months isn't too harsh nor too light and he will be back soon- at the end of the day the purpose of this forum is to educate, and as a future reference for when the more knowledgeable have gone, to new collectors like me- Bob Coleman's posts have helped me massively, even though he may no longer be with us anymore. Threads like this serve no benefit to the purpose of this forum, and I feel we should just move on and deal with it for what it is- Ade's decision is most likely final and ultimately he is the only one who has the power to reverse it. It's a shame to see all of this negativity on what is usually one of the few calm places left on the internet...

BMW M5 (one of these wishes won't be i'm afraid)
    Maybe if you sold some of your very nice feldbluse it could be...
    Last edited by Dav; 12-14-2019 at 01:35 AM.

Quote: "I see. Rejoice, then, in David's future contributions, for you will have none of mine anymore."

I have not expressed am opinion one way or the other on this issue that started the thread as I know nothing about the circumstances that gave rise to the suspension, but I will say that I certainly agree that members should not be harassed or threatened in any way shape or form, and that I trust the even handed temperament of Ade. Other than that, I will not say anything else about the suspension. I will say this, however, I think it would be a shame if you were to leave the forum. YOUR expertise is of the type that breathes life into and is vital to the continued success of the forum. Please do not disappear. I don't collect what you collect but I read your posts with great interest, I appreciate your collegiality and the respectful way you communicate, and I always learn something. Please reconsider. Jim G.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    for you will have none of mine anymore.
    Good Sir, Please do not leave this site. I will also add that I also do not collect what you collect , But I have an interest in every post you make. I don't want to sound like a stalker , But I follow everyone of your post and look for them when I sign in everyday. You words of wisdom are priceless on this forum and I Greatly appreciate them.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I have stayed silent for sundry reasons that are my own, however, while David seems to be a nice guy with detailed knowledge of helmets and the subtleties thereof, being able to control your tongue and your behavior is something that you either have or you don't.

Andreas on the other hand has never, to my knowledge, verbally abused or accosted any member, freely shares knowledge that can only be gained by total immersion in another culture, translates the sutterlin text with ease, offers insights to units and military structures most of us cannot get because we cannot read the German texts containing them. If Andreas departs, it will be yet another blow, akin to the departure of FB and others.

The loss of a stalwart like Andreas because someone runs rough shod over him, gets suspended and then people lobby to shorten the suspension, that would be worse than if David were banned, sorry to say.

So to you, fellow forum members, I say let David finish his sentence like a man. Then, let him return and behave like a man and not a petulant child. If he fails another time, then perhaps this isn't the place for him.

So, as I earlier stated, I do not wish David to be banned, but a far worse loss would be to allow Andreas to be pushed out by poor, uncalled for behavior.

?

Reading through this thread, I was not sure who was offended. then seeing Andreas chime in.
    Hearing it was Andreas has made me rethink my statement earlier.
    I now say!
    He should serve his time!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast