MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Supposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?

Article about: So guys, I've been offered this helmet. The seller says that it is post war, and there are some very obvious signs on the helmet that show it was used after the war. At first glance it looks

Default Supposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?

So guys, I've been offered this helmet. The seller says that it is post war, and there are some very obvious signs on the helmet that show it was used after the war. At first glance it looks like a regular m40 helmet with a repaint. But looking on the inside, it appears as though the padding around the liner and in the bottom of the pot has been added in at some point. Perhaps the liner itself is a repro..?

Anyways, I thought that before I take any further steps that I should consult the trusty forum members. What are your thoughts on this piece?
    Regards,
    FinnSupposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?Supposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Supposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Supposedly 'Post War' German helmet..?

That is definitely postwar,look at how the liner is attached,there are no rivets through the shell.Probably a border guard helmet.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Definitely a post war west German border guard helmet. Liner is totally correct for this type of helmet, made in the 50's

?

It has a centre suspended liner, and only the vent hole, no splits around thes side. The model before this mad e after th war is a dead ringer for an M40, only differenc is the vent holes are slightly larger, I am bidding on one at th moment that is marked Q64, quist continued making these helmets after the war. Th other type encountered has no vent holes, just. Plain shell

See Here....all explained, M1952 BGS Helmet. and here Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks very much guys. The dead ringer here is the no split pins, and for some reason I didnt catch that :P
    Regards,
    Finn