Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a TeNo helmet?

Article about: Darn you guys! I start reading this forum and before you know it, I have to have a pre-war Vulcanfiber. I found one in Paris and it wasn't cheap. Now I read descriptions about a hard-to-nail

?

Default Is this a TeNo helmet?

Darn you guys! I start reading this forum and before you know it, I have to have a pre-war Vulcanfiber. I found one in Paris and it wasn't cheap. Now I read descriptions about a hard-to-nail down helmet for TeNo. I've read the descriptions here (civil helmet with no decals and painted green) and found this one. What do you think please?

Thank you (I think!!)

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a TeNo helmet?   Is this a TeNo helmet?  

Is this a TeNo helmet?   Is this a TeNo helmet?  

Is this a TeNo helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a TeNo helmet?
    P
    Many

It could also be an RLB helmet.
    TENO had a complicated life as they were split up and absorded into various other units.
    Like most civil branches they became part of Himmler's Polizei.
    Most helmets I see in wear are the medium duty edelstahl with single vent hole. They would be green without a decal. But most of these helmets that pop up seem to have decals and this can perhaps be explained that these no decal TENO helmets were decalled later on as TENO evolved.
    Most early helmets are green so not just for Teno , also RLB.

Here is an RLB one like yours , when the RLB was turned into the Luftschutz they also were repainted and received the new LS decal.
    The other is what a TENO soldier would have worn , this one has Polizei decals.

It is a complicated subject of which we need to learn a lot more about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a TeNo helmet?   Is this a TeNo helmet?  

?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I like the odd stuff, not so much expensive/primo stuff every collector dreams about. What do you think about the maker mark? Baer mentions TeNo used that manufacturer but that stamp on this helmet screams postwar to me because it's too pretty.
    Dave

That is a War time manufactured helmet - the shell, paint, liner, cork spacers, and chinstrap are all textbook WWII period features. No worries in that regard. Jim G

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    That is a War time manufactured helmet - the shell, paint, liner, cork spacers, and chinstrap are all textbook WWII period features. No worries in that regard. Jim G
    Indeed and the stamp is perfectly correct.

?

Wow! Thanks friends! From what Schwerpunk mentioned earlier, I guess we cannot confirm this as a TeNo. We just don't know everything yet. But, it is wartime (thank you Jim G.) and m-a-y have been one with the color and manufacturer? It is odd enough to spark my interest and thank you guuys for verifying it as WWII and correct maker! I'm going to purchase it! Thank you!!! (Again!)

Dave
    Last edited by DBaird; 03-01-2019 at 01:51 AM.

?

Default Happy New Year and any new knowledge on this type of helmet since last winter?

Hi friends! I hope all of you around the world will enjoy a new year with good health and lots of helmets!

I purchased this great looking helmet last year and posted it on the forum. Kind members confirmed it was WWII, but no one had an idea which organization it may have been made for. Has anyone learned anything more about civic helmets in the past year that might help me? I was hoping TeNo but guess it is difficult to tell.

In any case, thank you all very much! I LOVE the few helmets I have.

David

Attached Images Attached Images Is this a TeNo helmet? 

MAP
    ?

Maybe member Helmet2ID (JimG) might have a clue?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Guess nothing new on this one but thanks for checking everybody. I'll check back next year. New info is showing up every so often.

I have one of these but I don't know which organization wore it. I was going to post it this weekend but ran out of time.