Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Test your knowledge

Article about: breast eagles - wrong side

Default Re: Test your knowledge

As its been guessed by a few people can I ask, do you have a front view of the pipe smoking NCO? He might be the only one with a medal/ribbon this early in the war.

Great idea for a fun quiz, lets see some more

Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Test your knowledge
    P
    Many

Quote by vonbond View Post
    As its been guessed by a few people can I ask, do you have a front view of the pipe smoking NCO? He might be the only one with a medal/ribbon this early in the war.

Great idea for a fun quiz, lets see some more

Jerry
    Sorry Jerry,sadly I don't have a picture of him from the front. The photo is from the invasion of Poland in 1939 and the image was reversed.I know it was an easy one but it was only a bit of fun really, just goes to show there are no flies on WRF members.
    Would be fun to see other people posting some helmet based trivia.

?

The guy in the centre is wearing a m42 therefore its after the dates mentioned, and the picture appears reversed, ps, ive looked again and again at this photo and its either my eyes or my computer but it still seems as if there is a flared edge on the centre helmet
    Last edited by davejb; 08-16-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Quote by davejb View Post
    The guy in the centre is wearing a m42 therefore its after the dates mentioned, and the picture appears reversed, ps, ive looked again and again at this photo and its either my eyes or my computer but it still seems as if there is a flared edge on the centre helmet
    I can see what you are talking about, but it is just the photo, they are all wearing text book M35 double decal's. Jim G.
    PS- Fun test!

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Sorry Jerry,sadly I don't have a picture of him from the front. The photo is from the invasion of Poland in 1939 and the image was reversed.I know it was an easy one but it was only a bit of fun really, just goes to show there are no flies on WRF members.
    Would be fun to see other people posting some helmet based trivia.
    Hi, it was a good quiz, great fun
    Shame about the pic from the front, but it was only out of interest to see if he had any WWI ribbons/medals.

Thanks, Jerry

PS did you reverse the image or was it a reversed print? again, only out of interest.

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Hi, it was a good quiz, great fun
    Shame about the pic from the front, but it was only out of interest to see if he had any WWI ribbons/medals.

Thanks, Jerry

PS did you reverse the image or was it a reversed print? again, only out of interest.
    I reversed it on photoshop. I thought I would post the quiz thing because I saw a documentary on Stalingrad at the weekend and I noticed in some of the footage the Adler decal was on the wrong side of the helmets, they must have reversed the footage for some reason?! The documentary was called 'War of The Century' it was a BBC production in 1999 I think. All the parts are on youtube. See if you can spot the reversed helmets

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    all wearing text book M35 double decal's.
    And how much money is sitting there? It makes you want to
    good bit of fun Jimmy

reversed pics and around mid 41 at the latest

?

im going to throw this bloody lap top out the window, then go back to specsavers and kick the assistant up the backside

Quote by davejb View Post
    im going to throw this bloody lap top out the window, then go back to specsavers and kick the assistant up the backside
    Just check first that the window is open, then when you are at Specsavers make sure that it's actually the backside of the assistant you are looking at before you lash out with your foot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast