Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these 3 german M42 helmets originals or reproductions?

Article about: Thanks for great info again mate!

?

Default Re: Are these 3 german M42 helmets originals or reproductions?

Thanks for great info again mate!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these 3 german M42 helmets originals or reproductions?
    P
    Many

Quote by Monuir View Post
    I think they are as beautiful as a 1000 euro helmet and i like battlefield relics, knowing a soldier had them in battle! but i dont want rust flakes ^^
    You think only helmets that are found in the ground were worn during combat ? LOL
    What about all those brave guys that survived the war. Sometimes it helps to proof read your posts to see if they make sense.

Good luck with the museum of dust particles , are you also going to put moth infested uniforms in there ? A uniform that's seen moths must have seen combat right ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    are you also going to put moth infested uniforms in there ? A uniform that's seen moths must have seen combat right ?
    What if they were communist moths?

?

Buy the helmets not a story. The helmets is surely dugup. But surely that is not a espenlaub's ebaystore, as far as I know the guys from this firm, didn't sell trough ebay, but giving some stuff as consignment - commission to the other guys. I suspect that better way to pay twice but get one battlegamaged helmet in better shape.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I never said i only think helmets dug out where weared in combat, but the chance is bigger. Something you buys that has not ben dug up have a bigger chance on never seen combat but a factory, or maybe on soldiers head that where nevr in combat. I also stated that i would not buy them, "i dont want rusty flakes." I am new to collecting and that is why i created this post.

I dont appreciate your ignorance and irony, i thought this was a friendly forum not somewhere where you pick on someone that is new to make them feel stupid. Have a great day i hope it makes you happy being like that!

I think that collecting is always about the happiness of the collector.

If a helmet is dug on, around or near a battlefield it has at least been ON a battlefield. We don't know if the helmet belonged to a grizzled veteran fighting Russians hand to hand with a bayonet or if it belonged to a conscripted latrine digger. But... it WAS there.

I bought a relic dug helmet from the digger himself who has posted many pictures of his digs... I believe him.

Collect what makes you happy, but be wary of fake everything.

Oh... and btw I'd estimate that if those helmts were kept inside of a climate controlled house they'd last a long time before they'd look any worse.

I'am digger and I prefer relic helmets, but in good condition, those helmets which you have showed are rust in shape of M42, I would never put them in my collection, no any color and huge holes, and I'am sure if seller lives in Latvia than helmets are from Kurland, as I see all three helmets were found on surface, and look very simmilar. If You want cheap but rather good relic than one helmet will start from 50$, but look for those who have color and even if they have clay sticked on them they will be better than just rust, because they dont have a lot of rust flakes, thease flakes after some time will fall of and your flat will be realy dirty.

Sorry for my english

Regards,
    Andris

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    I'am digger and I prefer relic helmets, but in good condition, those helmets which you have showed are rust in shape of M42, I would never put them in my collection, no any color and huge holes, and I'am sure if seller lives in Latvia than helmets are from Kurland, as I see all three helmets were found on surface, and look very simmilar. If You want cheap but rather good relic than one helmet will start from 50$, but look for those who have color and even if they have clay sticked on them they will be better than just rust, because they dont have a lot of rust flakes, thease flakes after some time will fall of and your flat will be realy dirty.

Sorry for my english

Regards,
    Andris
    Andris, your current helmets today on eBay are VERY nice.

Thanks, I will keep selling them and this week will be some update of new items.

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post

Sorry for my english

Regards,
    Andris
    I agree with Andris. You can get a better helmet - one that is more solid,
    or even battle damaged but still very sturdy - for about $40 or $50
    which will not flake apart in a short while...................

p.s. Andris, do you ever find and sell wound badges ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast