MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Are these Freikorps hemets?

Article about: Seen these for sale, and although out of my price range I thought they might be of interest to Forum members for discussion. Never seen anything like the one with skull add on before. Not su

?

Default Are these Freikorps hemets?

Seen these for sale, and although out of my price range I thought they might be of interest to Forum members for discussion. Never seen anything like the one with skull add on before. Not sure if this is the right section of the Forum.

Are these Freikorps hemets?Are these Freikorps hemets?Are these Freikorps hemets?Are these Freikorps hemets?Are these Freikorps hemets?Are these Freikorps hemets?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Freikorps hemets?
    P
    Many

?

I would be very wary of helmets such as these. But to my eye the painted one is a clear fake, the one with the metal insignia even moreso.

forgive my ignorance but i always thought freikorps helmets had the cut away front brim
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    forgive my ignorance but i always thought freikorps helmets had the cut away front brim
    They are thought to be for the Turks James but perhaps that has changed. Some said it was because the peak interfered with praying but another theory is that peaks are considered a sign of weakness or something of that Ilk, sadly I can't remember where I read it where they were discussing a peakless pith helmet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Actually I think the white painted job stands a chance so does a knowledgeable chum of mine, the armband sorry is a fake.

Regards
    Eric

?

The toolmarkings don't bother you or your knowledgable chum? I wouldn't spend a dime of my money on one of these without ironclad provenance.

All the ones i have seen had a different style of skull shown on this one.