Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Of these two: Which would you choose?

Article about: Hi. I'm about to buy one of those helmets. But i'm not sure which one. What would you choose? Thank you in advance! The M35: It has the tri-color decal taken away. The chinstrap is in poor c

infin1ty92
    ?

Question Of these two: Which would you choose?

Hi. I'm about to buy one of those helmets. But i'm not sure which one. What would you choose?

Thank you in advance!

The M35: It has the tri-color decal taken away. The chinstrap is in poor condition and shortened.

The SD M42: No chinstrap and one of the liner fingers is torn off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Of these two: Which would you choose?   Of these two: Which would you choose?  

Of these two: Which would you choose?   Of these two: Which would you choose?  

Of these two: Which would you choose?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Of these two: Which would you choose?

I like the second one more...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I prefer M 35, but woild like to see closup of the decals
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

difficult, there both nice . the clear eagle and lovly paint on the 42, or the fantastik applegreen paint on the 35. ive got a 35 like that one, wich is one
    of my favorates, difficult choise ; what about the price?,is there a big differance
    ill take the cheapest one as there about the same in condition thay look
    unmessed with aswell. if you could afford it take them both i would good luck

2nd has cleaner shell, better decal, and is wartime issue.
    You can find a nice original chinstrap.

The M42 would have more "eye appeal" to me...if I still collected in this area.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I know the site where these are listed. I would take the M35 - better liner, w/chin strap, and it is $100 cheaper than the M42. The decal isn't as nice, and there are chips in the paint, but it is an honest, former dd m35 with original smooth apple green paint. It is a really nice and affordable example. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Jim G.

I like the m35 apple green helmet the decal is more likely to be genuine1

infin1ty92
    ?

Thank you very much for your help everyone! It's really appriciated. If you are unsure about the decal on the M/42 helmet, then here's a closeup picture of it:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Of these two: Which would you choose?  

Both decals are in my opinion fine. The vendor is a reputable seller and from what I have seen on his site, his helmets are all "good." He gives a decent description of the pieces, and seems to point out the problems, if any, with the pieces listed for sale. I haven't yet purchased anything from him, but wouldn't hesitate to do so. I still like the M35, but what the hell, buy them both. I am about to buy a no decal para, and my wife is going to kill me too! Cheers, Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.