Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are they worth good money

Article about: The one German helmet with one decal has two stamps one on back is DN 89 and one ear part its NS 62 the one with the double decal has two but the one on back looks like a inked stamp or pain

Corbinnc
    ?

Default Are they worth good money

The one German helmet with one decal has two stamps one on back is DN 89 and one ear part its NS 62 the one with the double decal has two but the one on back looks like a inked stamp or painted 64 and at the ear its look like a E or F T64
    also here is some shots of the head liner with the one decal it got names on either side

any offersAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good moneyAre they worth good money

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Are they worth good money

The "double decal" transitional is worth only a parts helmet, for the liner pads (assuming they are real and German made) and chinstrap and shell, so maybe about $300. The M40 single decal might be worth $500 or thereabouts on a good day. Thats what I am thinking.

I agree with Doug on prices.

Since the double decal helmet has painted decals, it is not truly a double decal helmet that collectors like to see.

The single decal, which looks Heer to me, has the chinstrap going for it but unfortunately the huge chuck taken out of the swastika will turn many collectors off to it.

ian
    ?

the US kevlar helmet ,,well you can buy them from a surplus shop for 1/4 of the price a soldier pays if he loses one
    in the uk you can get them for £40
    i have 5 first patern ,,3 second ,,and six of the latest ones with the new internal pads and chin strap
    give it 20 years they will be worth something
    cheers ian