Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Article about: Big favor to ask guys. Sure some of you might be looking at this one. Any thoughts. I don't have a camo and the dealer level price seems fair compared to others in this condition. I'm sure i

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Your not helping Leon!!

My wife was right about you guys. A bunch of pushers and bad seeds
    One of the things addicts surround themselves with are other addicts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK
    P
    Many

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Doug,

I will post it here for all to see. It's like waiting for Christmas morning but in March. But maybe I will just dip into my secret reserve and pay it off early

Michael
    Michael
    Enjoy your helmet I'd look forward to mega pictures. If you want to know the five colours they used on DAK pm me sorry to gum up the thread.

Eric

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    One of the things addicts surround themselves with are other addicts.
    well in that case I've landed with a good bunch to share my addiction with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Really Doug its been a stalwart for decades:

A cotton swab and water should suffice.
    If the colours do not come off, they are, quite simply, model hobby paint regarding greens, reds and white.
    If the colour is correct but if it is a permanent enamel, it is certainly post-war furthermore original paint greens,reds and white have a tendency to turn chalky and flake because they are water based. If you have an original spray it with a product such as dul-cote it will fix the finish and leave no trace.

Something else on period whites modern paint shows under UV light original does not on paints I've tested,,,so far that includes Imperial W1 you should observe white without any glow whatsoever this is handy on id'd painted helmets but on-going for me.

The official orders concerning the red-brown, dark green and white camouflage paints indicates very clearly that they are temporary, water-based paints.

Have a nice weekend
    Eric
    I must say this is news to me and one of the strangest theories I've come across in 50 years of helmet collecting. Not trying to get into a big debate here but how could this even be possible? Don't soldiers in the field make do with whatever is available?

Hope you can get the helmet before March Michael. Waiting is a bear! If nothing else, maybe you could arrange to go to the SOS late February and pick it up there? That's what I'm doing with a couple of helmets from a different dealer.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Michael
    Enjoy your helmet I'd look forward to mega pictures. If you want to know the five colours they used on DAK pm me sorry to gum up the thread.

Eric
    Will do. As soon as all the cash is scraped together I will do my best to provide the best pictures I am able to take.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by M38 View Post
    .....Hope you can get the helmet before March Michael. Waiting is a bear! If nothing else, maybe you could arrange to go to the SOS late February and pick it up there? That's what I'm doing with a couple of helmets from a different dealer.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry,

It's a bit of a self imposed wait to be honest .

I have the cash but I'm working on two or three other helmets locally and just want to make sure I have enough free cash on hand should I pull the trigger on one (or two ) of them. Ken B was nice enough to allow the extended settlement of the transaction.

So if nothing moves on the other helmets or I can dip into the budget and scrape the money up from somewhere else I will have it much earlier...
    Last edited by MAP; 01-18-2015 at 06:24 PM.

?

Sadly even though I have this troll on ignore I have to read his inane posts through quotes in others replies.

>> If you want to know the five colours they used on DAK pm me .<<

Attachment 791436

I count five colours here- maybe these are the ones he is referring to?

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

MAP
    ?

I came home from a long day at work and my dog brought me up to my war room. Thought at first he hid his bone under the cabinet and needed me to get it. But surprise surprise...here was a box. Wonder what was in it........

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Come this weekend I will be sure to take nicer pictures. Will start a new thread. But below are some very close up shots for those interested.

P.S. It was great dealing with Ken B at GermanWarHelmets.com. Delivered as promised.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK  

MAP
    ?

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAKThoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast