Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Article about: Big favor to ask guys. Sure some of you might be looking at this one. Any thoughts. I don't have a camo and the dealer level price seems fair compared to others in this condition. I'm sure i

Lovely cammo you've scored!!!!

.... but your pooch looks less impressed.
    I can almost read his mind "darn, well there goes my jumbo bin of milk bones & jerky treats for the foreseeable future. The things these humans collect!!!!!"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Lovely cammo you've scored!!!!

.... but your pooch looks less impressed.
    I can almost read his mind "darn, well there goes my jumbo bin of milk bones & jerky treats for the foreseeable future. The things these humans collect!!!!!"
    He still couldn't find his bone. Makes him very depressed. He hides them in the house and then forgets where they are LoL.

Thanks for the thumbs up. Will post nice outside shots as soon as I can.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks great, Michael! Sometimes I feel photos can make camo paint look kind of "artificial" or unnatural, for the lack of better words, and this being one with a lot of vivid colors I feel it was kind of misrepresented by the dealer photos (aesthetically, that is... not re. authenticity)--- the more I look at your new photos I feel more and more that you chose the right one out of the two! Really looking forward to photos in nice and mellow natural daylight!

MAP
    ?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Looks great, Michael! Sometimes I feel photos can make camo paint look kind of "artificial" or unnatural, for the lack of better words, and this being one with a lot of vivid colors I feel it was kind of misrepresented by the dealer photos (aesthetically, that is... not re. authenticity)--- the more I look at your new photos I feel more and more that you chose the right one out of the two! Really looking forward to photos in nice and mellow natural daylight!
    Thanks Slados!

While maybe more muted than the original photo's (daytime will decide) the colors are still nice in hand. I actually think it looks much better (not necessarily brighter) in person. Ken gave me a nice run down of the helmet before I purchased so I could not be more happy. It's a nice solid and clean lid.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Helmets in particular camos I think, always look better, and different in hand than in photos - although Bolton takes good pics.

Good grab and nice provenance.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Doug. Yes Ken takes great pictures. Much better than I can with my cell phone (keep on saying I'm going to buy a real digital SLR but that eats into my collecting budget LoL )

And even in the night time with those terrible energy saver bulbs in the house it looks really nice. Perfect amount of wear to the lid as well.

Regards,

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Doug. Yes Ken takes great pictures. Much better than I can with my cell phone (keep on saying I'm going to buy a real digital SLR but that eats into my collecting budget LoL )

And even in the night time with those terrible energy saver bulbs in the house it looks really nice. Perfect amount of wear to the lid as well.

Regards,

Michael
    Honestly an SLR camera is no good without a light box setup or a photo studio. The best pics of helmets on the net are taken by RoyA (GHW2) and he uses a decent Canon point and shoot with good natural lighting and photo sharpening and are really the key. Check his pics out, incredible.

Glad to hear it's not model paint. ;-)

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Honestly an SLR camera is no good without a light box setup or a photo studio. The best pics of helmets on the net are taken by RoyA (GHW2) and he uses a decent Canon point and shoot with good natural lighting and photo sharpening and are really the key. Check his pics out, incredible.

Glad to hear it's not model paint. ;-)
    No model paint here.

Light box. Hmm... That I may be able to do...

Thanks for all the advice. Mucho appreciated. Now on to the next helmet.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7