Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this Helmet...

Article about: I found this helmet for sale locally and know nothing about it. It is described as a Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet. Is this correct? Was there really such a helmet? If so, does this look ori

?

Default Thoughts on this Helmet...

I found this helmet for sale locally and know nothing about it. It is described as a Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet. Is this correct? Was there really such a helmet? If so, does this look original - paint, liner, decals? And what is it worth?

Thanks, Guys!
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Helmet...   Thoughts on this Helmet...  

Thoughts on this Helmet...   Thoughts on this Helmet...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Helmet...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Thoughts on this Helmet...

I think its classed as a Stub bill visor M34 civic helmet, and its possible it was used by Luftwaffe ground crew fire fighters

Some close ups of the decals would be good. These are just a little far away.

?

That form certainly appears to match the civic square dip variation of helmet, that was used by Feuerwehrpolizei and Polizei in civil issues. Haven't seen any with luftwaffe decals though. I believe that the air vents are what is known as "pepper pots", due to the resemblance.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Some close ups of the decals would be good. These are just a little far away.
    Sorry, these are the only pictures I have right now. If you guys think it might be a good helmet, I will check it out in person and get better photos.

Mike

I use to own a Red Cross helmet with this exact same style shell. It is as Dave says, Luftwaffe fireman ground crew helmet. The white band is an indication of this. However, the white band was painted over, appears to be period done. It is a good helmet to me. Check out the pictures for similar DD helmets. One of them is currently listed on timetravelermilitaria at $900. They are rare helmets.

Does it have a pair of comb slots on top?

Regards, Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Helmet...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this Helmet... 

?

Looks like it may be a reissue..note the decals appear to be over the white stripe around helmet.Also the black paint is over the stripe IMO. Originally had a neck flap..see the little mushroom shaped tabs?That's where the leather flap would go.

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I use to own a Red Cross helmet with this exact same style shell. It is as Dave says, Luftwaffe fireman ground crew helmet. The white band is an indication of this. However, the white band was painted over, appears to be period done. It is a good helmet to me.

Does it have a pair of comb slots on top?

Regards, Corey
    I have not seen it in person, just these 4 photos. I will try to check it out in person tomorrow. Any idea of a value if it is legit?

Mike

?

I would pay up to $250-450 for it...might be worth a lot more though

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Looks like it may be a reissue..note the decals appear to be over the white stripe around helmet.Also the black paint is over the stripe IMO. Originally had a neck flap..see the little mushroom shaped tabs?That's where the leather flap would go.
    With my totally uneducated eye, but under magnification the swaz seems to have been "dug out" from under the white band, in my usually worthless opinion of German stuff.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast