Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this Luft - Value

Article about: Hello Can anyone give me a value on this one? Fair market value. I know an items is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Annoyed from this ads?   I want to know what a fair mark

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Not really anything that similar on those sites.
    Most are sold and then they dont tell you the price.
    Thats one of the reasons I posted it.
    Although I didnt check all of those sites, I did look at about half of them.
    Make an assessment alright dude , if you have to ask for a price with every topic here you are not on the right track.
    You are a member since 2010 , you should know the helmet market by now.
    It gets annoying pretty quickly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Luft - Value
    P
    Many

You know, thats just BS Anton67 saying "sorry for offending you". You have been asking about values for helmets and I have been trying to assist you.

DougB, I have apologized and you are still angry with me?
    I dont get it.
    When I said "sorry for offending you" I thought that you were offended because I did not do my homework before posting. You just said, "Why should anyone help people who dont want to learn how to help themselves".
    That tells me you were/are offended.
    All I was saying is that I was sorry that I did not take your advice and put more time into researching the posts you gave me (not doing my homework).
    I am not quitting or copping out either.
    What I meant by trying to refrain from posting is that I only post when I cant get the answer after doing my own homework.
    Nobody is talking about "throwing the baby out with the bath water."
    Like I said before, I truly appreciate your helping me out on this forum.
    Maybe this is getting lost in the translation (since we are not talking face to face but via typed word) or something.
    I dont understand how my reply is typical of a quitters attitude.
    I think you are reading too much into my reply.
    Like I said, I am sorry.
    I really dont know how to say it any other way.
    Maybe I should have just said, "I am sorry" and left it at that.

I do have one thing to say though regarding values.
    Yes you gave me these websites.
    The dealers on these websites charge top value for their helmets.
    I am not being negative - they are dealers and that is what they are supposed to do (try and get as much money as they can).
    I find that locally at flea markets or through CL that these helmets demand much lower prices.
    So I guess when I am asking about value, I am not asking what dealers would sell the helmet for.
    I am asking what people generally pay in their area for these helmets.
    I understand that the dealer sites can give me a general idea of what they could sell for.

You are a member since 2010 , you should know the helmet market by now.
    It gets annoying pretty quickly.

I mostly collect US helmets "Dude."
    I DO know the market for them.
    If you are annoyed dont respond to my posts.
    No need to get mean/nasty or condescending about it.
    Check my posts on US items where I have helped others on this forum.
    I have only been getting into German helmets recently.
    Last edited by anton67; 01-15-2015 at 02:05 PM.

The problem with asking what the value is on something is perfectly played out on this thread. In post #2 Marty kindly offered his feelings on the value of the helmet in question and yet the dealer indicated it went for nearly double. "Value" is very subjective and obviously someone believes it is worth nearly $700.

It's asking a lot of members on here to place a price on something when there are so many variables in play. Namely another buyer with deeper pockets or less knowledge. How often do we see humped up items going for astronomical amounts?

I know that I have items in my collection in which others may feel I overpayed or are not worth what I paid. But they're in my collection and I enjoy them so then I paid a fair price.

?

Ok hitting the reset button Anton, but I simply read what you type, "I quit after a few checks" and "I won't post anymore".

Knowing where dealers are at is just as important at knowing the market as other prices. If you know the high water mark then you go from there.

So you need to know the market, and that starts with dealers and then you'll recall I said check the estand and classifieds on the forums. That gives you an idea of the collector to collector market. So you have your rough high and low water marks.

But there is no "price list" out there to follow amd the answers to your questions are literally right there in front of you. If you want to get into German helmets does it not make sense to know the market so when your at a flea market you can make a decision on the spot and negotiate a price that your comfortable with, rather than risk losing it as what happened to you on this very helmet, by wasting time on a forum asking for opinions on price.

Pricing is about assessment of the items condition, rarity, provenance, and demand, and how compatible it is with your personal bank account and budget.

In the end price is up to you.

?

FWIW - Been following this, but it is redundant and the same old stuff time and time again, it gets boring pretty quick. I suggest educating yourself and keeping up with current trends. Collecting and purchasing helmets, as well as anything else, requires some homework and effort.
    Regards,
    John

I alluded to this before in another of your countless "how much is it worth" threads, but was ignored so I'll propose this again:

In light of ALL the help you get here daily wouldn't it be fair to the forum that you rely on to perhaps becoming a Gold member? I've never seen anyone receive as much help as you have, practically on a daily basis, without asking for anything in return... so, showing appreciation by way of contributing $25 to help running the site would probably be in its place--- no?

A thousand easy "thank you"s in return for saving you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars doesn't really help run the site in the long run.

The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

I will try my best not to post anymore on values of helmets. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

DougB, if you read what I typed in post 7 is says:
    "I will look more thoroughly at the sites and try to refrain from posting."
    "I am sorry for offending you."

I certainly did NOT say: "I quit after a few checks" and "I won't post anymore".

I don't know where you are getting that from.
    When I said I would refrain from posting I meant until I have followed your suggestion (do the research on my own).
    Again, maybe it is being lost in translation.
    I have apologized profusely and sincerely.
    I have received your message loud and clear.

I agree with you when you say the following:

If you want to get into German helmets does it not make sense to know the market so when your at a flea market you can make a decision on the spot and negotiate a price that your comfortable with, rather than risk losing it as what happened to you on this very helmet, by wasting time on a forum asking for opinions on price.
    Pricing is about assessment of the items condition, rarity, provenance, and demand, and how compatible it is with your personal bank account and budget.

?

No worries Anton, like I said lets hit the reset button. COnversing over text like we both agree can be taken out of context.

The more you know your prices and your own comfort level the more you are able to enjoy the hobby IMO. Do you risk an overpay on an item? Maybe. But for every overpay you will probably get 2 underpays. God knows I have overpaid for something I thought was worth a lot more than it was but I have gotten some unbelievable deals on items as well.
    Be lucky you dont have to factor currency exchange into price like us Canadians or our European friends. Never mind Russian collectors....they are getting killed right now on exchange.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast