Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts on this M35

Article about: Good evening all, I am considering getting this M35, I am not interested in the liner as I will be replacing that and know it is not original, but what about the shell, to me it looks like i

MAP
    ?

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Well, I have thought about it, for a brief amount of time, I was just thinking of getting a shell to put the liner in that I am restoring, but a complete helmet would be nice too, apart from the czech LS and "saved" Q64 M40 I have, I don't have any "starter helmets" in my collection right now and the others I had turned out to be junk.. unfortunately.
    I will have to see about the price point but if I manage to sell a few things I don't have a use for I think I'd have at least 300€, but I would be very much leaning towards getting one in good shape.
    So, you're probably right and I should just get a proper helmet to begin with..
    There is no right / wrong answer. I was just wondering if you figured out what you really wanted and if so, does what you want fit within your price range.

The search is part of the fun and along the way, you will learn lots.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this M35
    P
    Many

Thanks for your reply Nick, yeah , come to think of it, wasn't there something funny with NS helmets and SS, right the Champagne debacle! Completely forgot about that(but that just as a side note), I will ask for better pictures, but I am leaning more and more towards not getting it.
    There was the whole Champagne debacle - it got pretty messy in the end. The only way this helmet could possibly be SS is if it were a field applied decal - the chances of which are extremely slim.
    Personally i don't like this helmet - i don't think it is attractive and there are too many questions. Not one for me.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    But Nick your reply is that of someone with knowledge and insight whereas the type of guys that created this piece probably didn't go to the lengths of applying decals to the correct shell.
    Agreed - this has the hallmarks of someone slapping on a decal to try to attract more money. Close-ups would help prove this i think.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    The perforations in the front of the liner make it look like a former BGS helmet liner.
    Exactly right and at the outset BGS did use old stock WWII shells before new manufacture items became available.

Whilst this one is undeniably "messed with" the colour really is not clear at all (on my monitor anyway) so it might have been a correct BGS or Post-war Polizei helmet before some idiot mucked around with it!

If it is an honest WWII helmet you seek the advice above is the only way to go. Don't chase the "maybe a diamond in the rough" idea. You will kiss too many frogs before you find a princess

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks again for all your opinions, now I have made my mind up and won't buy it, just too many questions about it, for now I will stick to restoring my liner then I will see what I will get.
    Thank god this forum exists, otherwise I would have probably bought it, but as is, it's not for me.
    Luis

Well, I have thought about it, for a brief amount of time, I was just thinking of getting a shell to put the liner in that I am restoring, but a complete helmet would be nice too, apart from the czech LS and "saved" Q64 M40 I have, I don't have any "starter helmets" in my collection right now and the others I had turned out to be junk.. unfortunately.
    I will have to see about the price point but if I manage to sell a few things I don't have a use for I think I'd have at least 300€, but I would be very much leaning towards getting one in good shape.
    So, you're probably right and I should just get a proper helmet to begin with..
    That's the way forward, this one is not desirable at all, post war liner and repainted. Save up those euro's and get a decent no decal M35/40/42 combat helmet. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2