Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thoughts on my cheap german m40 helmet

Article about: Well picked this up for \\$55 but got advice first and most you guys said pass on it and I was going to since i only had the sellers pics, well it came in today and I am glad I bought it even

Quote by battle gear View Post
    for $55 I would have kept it, I think it still looks good on the shelf , the shiney grey paint kind of makes it look like a German Navy or Kriegsmarine helmet like in the movie U571 with the German Destroyer crew

it still makes a nice prop, the shell is original hardened steel, not the cheap 18 gauge mild steel they use on the current repros
    A lot can look good on shelf , a pot of flowers , a candle , some books...
    I would like to think this particular spot of the forum is for people whom collect real artefacts of world war 2.
    Not look alikes and fakes. The moderators will correct me if I'm wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on my cheap german m40 helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    Yea that's what the helmet was made to look like but after sorta being bashed that I wasted my money I decided to get rid of it and wasn't a bad trade I got for it, guy also gave me $50 Paypal too along with the bayonets and garrison cap
    for more casual collectors that dont have a lot of money, a cheap restored WWII M40 like that is a great find, just something that looks good on display, the prices on the more expensive helmets are just too expensive for people that cant afford to pay those kind of prices

look how easy it was to resell / trade it? when you get something for a good price it's much easier to get your money back, it's not a big deal

This is my first time viewing this thread and all I can add is after reading some of the comments above, I was left totally breathless. Not in a--oh wow, that's amazing or shocking--way, but literally unable to breath. I don't know why, but it's obvious someone seriously despises punctuation, periods especially.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    This is my first time viewing this thread and all I can add is after reading some of the comments above, I was left totally breathless. Not in a--oh wow, that's amazing or shocking--way, but literally unable to breath. I don't know why, but it's obvious someone seriously despises punctuation, periods especially.
    Yea I guilty of that myself lol, but hey that doesn't bother me at all

Personally I don't think yopu did that bad-the shell is probably worth what U paid but hey i guess I'm not in the elite ranks of collectors!!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Read it to yourself, not aloud next time.
    You will be surprised ...... and not the least bit puffed out.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Like I said on your other thread, you still got a good deal since reenactors have to pay 100-200 dollars for a a bare shell these days. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that this is going to bring you the happiness of a real, untouched helmet. lol

If I was you, I would sell it for a profit and save the money for a nice single decal M40.

I no longer have it this helmet like i said earler I traded it last night for a few nice bayonets and a ww1 us army garrison cap, so far I have $225 saved up now and still adding more so I can get a decent helmet that's original and not messed with

I no longer have it this helmet like i said earler I traded it last night for a few nice bayonets and a ww1 us army garrison cap, so far I have $225 saved up now and still adding more so I can get a decent helmet that's original and not messed with
    Good on you buddy. When it comes time to buy send me a PM and I can help you find a good one for a good price.

?

That's how you do it, upgrade. Great moves, you turned that "thing" into something real and ahead in $. Great job and when you get the real thing you will have a real piece of history and be very proud of it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast