Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts on ND M42

Article about: Hi all, I am considering buying this late war ND M42 by hkp, I like the look of it overall and the price seems alright at 280€, what I am a little worried about is the fact that there used t

That much is for sure, after all, ND M42s were among the most common helmets of WWII

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on ND M42
    P
    Many

While I am by no means an authority on German steel helmets, I think the one shown is a perfectly respectable late war ND M42. It is minus the chinstrap and drawstring, but both could be acquired at a later date with some searching.

My own ND M42, to compare. (Very late war, late 1944 to early 1945). Late war helmets are actually becoming rather desirable, as many are being 'upgraded' with decals by fakers to bump up the price tag. ND helmets of any kind are becoming very scarce as a result.

Thoughts on ND M42Thoughts on ND M42Thoughts on ND M42

Regards, B.B.

PotatoDigger, B.B’s comments are very valid and it was for the reason that I purchased my ND M42 back in 2017. At the time I was picking up on comments that these helmets were becoming more scarce. I wanted to get a nice original one before they all got ruined and I do see a time when they will become extremely rare. My advice would be to try to acquire one now rather than later.

Here’s a link to the thread about my example: My 1942 no-decal helmet.

B.B, ours are very very similar in colour.

Thanks Andy and B.B. for that, yeah, kind of sad that people ruin perfectly good helmets with decals just to sell them for more.. I am definitely still going to be looking out for one
    Let's hope I will find a good one.. someday
    Luis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2