Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts and Opinions on this one...

Article about: by Schwerpunkt I'm also very modest Mr Isle , another piece of advice , no matter who owned the helmet always check it out for yourself. (or let it get checked out on forum). That's no jab a

Default Thoughts and Opinions on this one...

I have this M35 on hold for me. I like it a lot and it looks like an honest, but weathered one to me. Any thoughts and opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts and Opinions on this one...   Thoughts and Opinions on this one...  

Thoughts and Opinions on this one...   Thoughts and Opinions on this one...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts and Opinions on this one...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts and Opinions on this one...

.. although looking at it now, decal does look a bit scratchified and those wing feathers look a bit close together ( Wide Wing or Pocher II ? )

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    .. although looking at it now, decal does look a bit scratchified and those wing feathers look a bit close together ( Wide Wing or Pocher II ? )
    If you really want to start collecting helmets always get :
    1) A good decal close-up
    2) Maker and Lotnumber

From afar it all looks good with this one but the devil is often in the details.

Hello Schwerpunkt, I was hoping you or Mr Brandon would post a reply, always brutally honest and to the point I will email the dealer and hopefully get a maker and lot number tomorrow. I am serious about collecting helmets and your advice seems to be amongst the best on this forum. Much appreciated

Frank is the best

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    I have this M35 on hold for me. I like it a lot and it looks like an honest, but weathered one to me. Any thoughts and opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.
    Don't worry about this one. I can vouch for it's authenticity, it used to be my helmet - I traded it towards an fj shell. It's 100% correct, although it has been de-nazified at some time in it's life. There is certainly no fakery involved with this one. The liner has never been out of the helmet. Don't let anyone put you off buying it, it's a very good M35. There are pictures of it on this website which I posted not so long ago.

Looks good to me too given the pics. Probably a re-issued piece at one point as it has an M40 type liner...but that's not a problem!
    Nice that you now know where the helmet has been! It's great when you hear from a member who can vouch for it after having owned it!
    Enjoy the helmet!
    Rob

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Don't worry about this one. I can vouch for it's authenticity, it used to be my helmet - I traded it towards an Fallschirmjager shell. It's 100% correct, although it has been de-nazified at some time in it's life. There is certainly no fakery involved with this one. The liner has never been out of the helmet. Don't let anyone put you off buying it, it's a very good M35. There are pictures of it on this website which I posted not so long ago.
    Thanks Harry!! At last I can get my hands on one.

Well i would have said this Helmet was too dark for an M35 but maybe just poor photos.Anyway if the Helmet is known buy a fellow member you may as well buy with confidence

Tom

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Frank is the best
    I'm also very modest

Mr Isle , another piece of advice , no matter who owned the helmet always check it out for yourself. (or let it get checked out on forum). That's no jab at Harry but a collector should use his own judgment and not someone else's.
    I also wonder what dealer would not post a decal close-up on his site. Don't overpay for this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast