Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

thoughts on SD Heer

Article about: Does this helmet look ok? Only pics I have thanks

Default thoughts on SD Heer

Does this helmet look ok? Only pics I have

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thoughts on SD Heer   thoughts on SD Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on SD Heer
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: thoughts on SD Heer

Looks like a very nice single decal Model 40 from what I can see. I would like to see a better picture of the decal though.

I agree with Steve. Looks good from here but of course i can not comment on the decal from the photo.

If the seller is asking a reasonable price then i would pursue it.

rgds, Ty

What would be reasonable $$??

I'd say anywhere between $600 - $900. I would take the time to ask for more pics...what about the other side of the helmet? For all we know - there's a huge scratch there or a dent....Who knows????
    These helmets aren't cheap - I'd want the best possible pics before I take a stab at it.
    Looks good enough though. Good luck!

Rob

I like it
    Attached Images Attached Images thoughts on SD Heer 

For me $700 is on the high side. I have 2 in my collection that are not as nice as the 1st photo but they are close. I have not paid not more than $550 with finish and decals not less than 70%. I would not buy a common single decaled helmet for more than $700 unless of course it is a less common helmet. The last sd Wehrmacht lid i bought for $400 usd but minus a chinstrap.

As always it can be a sellers market if a collector truly wants it. Look at the "Collectors Guild" If you really want it it's there for a price. Yes these are sold on consignment but people will pay the price to own it regardless of price.

My suggestion is to take your time _________ and it might be alot of time but these helmets will come your way if you look hard enough. Alot of people selling helmets do not do this for a living and have no idea what it may be worth to someone who wants to buy it.

Bid accordingly within your limits. You never know. Eight years ago i bought a genuine M42 SS helmet for less than $650 minus chinstrap. Be patient they will come your way.

rgds, Ty

Ty
    you made some valid points, but I have to disagree on one point.

"Nice" decent SD helmets are getting harder to get. I pay £500 for a decent one. So many are messed with nowadays, you just can't seem to get the better ones lately