Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Time Capsule Lids?

Article about: How about a twist... Has anyone POST-WAR ever assembled unissued shells, liners, decals and parts and produced post-war "new" helmets?

Default Re: Time Capsule Lids?

How about a twist... Has anyone POST-WAR ever assembled unissued shells, liners, decals and parts and produced post-war "new" helmets?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Time Capsule Lids?
    P
    Many

something like this... SVMilitaria is selling some M42's that he claims are from Prague and were warehoused for future Tropical operations.

There has been much debate over these helmets over the last 15 years. I first discovered these helmets in Prague before the wall came down around 1985. The Germans used Prague as a depot for tropical uniforms and equipment. The Germans had planned great offensives in southern Russia with the goal of eventually linking up with the troops from Africa. These helmets could have been part of the tropical stuff for those planned operations. All these tan helmets, I have observed were always made with German war-time parts and to German specs. Some collectors have made some statements about them being for an order to Egypt after the war, by the Czechs. I am not sure. Perhaps they were rebuilt after the war, but why? In any event it is mint and all German WWII parts. Yes, I have one in my collection too.
    Time Capsule Lids?

Quote by FranzJon View Post
    something like this... SVMilitaria is selling some M42's that he claims are from Prague and were warehoused for future Tropical operations.

Time Capsule Lids?
    Wishful thinking on the seller's part...

To be fair to the seller, he never made that claim. He said that he thinks it's possible. I personally think that they were assembled for shipment to Egypt.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'd like to see pictures of this Quist M40 Doug.
    Got a ton of business travel and of course SOS later this month but will try to post her up in March for you! Never photographed it yet even!

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Wishful thinking on the seller's part...
    I think so too. Post-War Czech is more likely, except all the ones I've seen
    from there are usually painted black. It is interesting though,
    to see a M42 in this paint scheme !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2