Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Today's buy, Q64 ND Helmet named with EKM

Article about: Hey guys I bought this one a flee market today and would like to have some opinions! It's a NoDecal Q64 helmet I hope you will like it! I would also like some more info on the EKM. Thanks!

Default Re: Today's buy, Q64 ND Helmet named with EKM

VERY nice for a flea market pickup. You just dont find a lot like this at them any more. I liked the look of the paint too. Did you get a good deal, or did they know what they had?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Today's buy, Q64 ND Helmet named with EKM
    P
    Many

What I like best on this lid is the Liner. It looks like it's set nice and tight and hasn't been messed with at all. A shame the chinstrap is gone, but these can be found and replaced easily enough. Great looking helmet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well I payed 200 euros for the Helmet + the EKM so I did pretty good I think. The liner is in great shape I really love it!
    Is it a good idea to apply Renwax on the helmet to prevent it from rusting?

Why are you all talking about it being a Quist? It's an EF.

And the GHW database has a M40 EF64 lot number 516 as an SD Heer so I think we have to unfortunately forget the SS theory

How can it be an EF if it's stamped Q?

Oh I think you saw the picture on the previous page by cgp1066, that's not my helmet.

Whoops. my bad. That was corey's photo I was looking at.

According to google thats about 260 USD... so thats a good deal indeed with the tag! I would have payed that in a heart beat. As far as wax, I never liked the idea of putting anything on an item such as this. I would say as long as its in a reasonably climate controlled room, it should be fine. Any wax, I would think, would make that unusual paint even more suspect in the future(although I personally think its legit). I live in Tennessee and the room I keep my stuff in gets a little humid in the summer, and I havent noticed any new rust forming on my stuff. I still plan on getting a dehumidifier though.

Nathan

I live in Belgium and I'm not sure how much humidity there is, but around 50% should be perfect right?
    I should buy an humidity meter.

Quote by kirederf7 View Post
    I live in Belgium and I'm not sure how much humidity there is, but around 50% should be perfect right?
    I should buy an humidity meter.
    You can buy a digital one like they use in cigar humidors. They are much more accurate. But this probably isn't really needed as log as you keep it in a climate controlled room, out of direct sunlight. I would not put any treatment on the leather.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast