Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer

Article about: Hello, I have got this helmet recently and would appreciate if anyone could help me evaluate it. Is it real and how much it is worth? Any info would be appreciated. It has two little dents o

I could be wrong but I have my suspicions about it, I think someone may have messed with a original ww1 lid and painted it black.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer
    P
    Many

Leo
    ?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    I could be wrong but I have my suspicions about it, I think someone may have messed with a original ww1 lid and painted it black.
    Could it be repainted when refurbished after ww1 !? Thanks

Leo

Hi, I am not an expert on the transitional helmets at all but I will say that the decals look like good originals, they exhibit nice "crazing" and appear to be solid onto the black paint. I to have never seen a black HEER helmet so I will be interested to hear what the transitional experts say, but I think this one just may be right! Leon

There are black Heer Trannies, and the paint looks to be period brush applied to me. The decals also look good. The liner is real, and has paint on it from the repaint. In my opinion, it is all TR period original, an early Herr Transitional. Jim G.

?

Re markings - I have a transitional Austrian helmet with marking on the top of the dome, a P over 54. I've no idea of the meaning but it might be worth taking a look if the black paint isn't too thickly applied.

Tony

I guess I was wrong! only had my suspesions because ive never seen one before, nice lid!

Leo
    ?

Thank you Tony, paint is not thick at all but I cant find any markings nor on top or inside the helmet. I have read that its common for German/Austrian helmets not to be marked, maybe this is a case here not sure.

Leo

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    There are black Heer Trannies, and the paint looks to be period brush applied to me. The decals also look good. The liner is real, and has paint on it from the repaint. In my opinion, it is all TR period original, an early Herr Transitional. Jim G.
    Jim is 100% spot on. Seen a few black Heer, tried to buy one from a good Swiss collector at SOS a few years ago but he wouldnt part with it. This helmet was never refitted with the M31 liner and has the original liner still in place. It has been template painted as you can see by the black paint on the liner pads near the shell. Looks like a really nice helmet.

Leo
    ?

Would anybody tell me please what would be the value of this helmet in today's market? Thank you! Leo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2