MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review

Article about: Thanks for all your opinions, I have requested some additional photos so will post them when they come through, cheers, Chris.

Default Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review

Hi all,
    Transitional double decal that is offered as a private sale, all opinions appreciated as always, thanks, Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review   Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  

Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review   Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  

Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review  Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Transitional Heer double decal helmet for review

Very nice indeed, I love this type. Very similar to my own in my avatar, also Austrian but with an earlier liner and rounded tricolour. The liner leather looks quite clean so perhaps is not the original leather for the helmet, but it might just be the picture giving that impression. In the close up of the chinstrap bale the leather looks much more at home.

I'd own it if the price was right for sure.

Shows potential. The lighting is not the best. See if you can get the seller to take more pics outside. The flash is the reason the Heer decal pic is not straight on. I think he angled to compensate for the glare. I don't like the liner at all. Looks like cross stitching at the base where it folds under the band.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Shows potential. The lighting is not the best. See if you can get the seller to take more pics outside. The flash is the reason the Heer decal pic is not straight on. I think he angled to compensate for the glare. I don't like the liner at all. Looks like cross stitching at the base where it folds under the band.
    Damn, well spotted on the stitching mate, I totally missed that. Outdoor pics is great advice Chris, I look forward to them.

Looks like a good shell that has been 'restored'. Would have been
    better to find a slightly more used liner that dated to the period
    transitionals were being worn.........
    Regards,

Steve.

There has been a lot of these comming up for sale in the past month. Was a abandoned factory discovered?

?

I dont like the liner either, but that cross stitching is to pull together a split in the leather not proof of a fake, the actual seam is intact

no problem with the decal set , the tricolor looks rounded KradSpam but is the usual HJ&K type as the eagle. For he liner better pics could help

I agree , good shell but replaced leather. Plenty of these Austrian helmets come up for sale so with patience you'll get an untouched example.

I agree,the liner looks to be a replacement(original ww2 IMO),it stuck out as soon as i saw it.That said at the right price this is still a good looking helmet so have a haggle!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast