Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Transitional M18 helmet help - Unit marking?

Article about: A friend has this helmet. It is an M18, with a single party shield decal. My question is not about the shield or the helmet (it is all good) but the markings inside the helmet. Does anyone r

MAP
    ?

Default Transitional M18 helmet help - Unit marking?

A friend has this helmet. It is an M18, with a single party shield decal.

My question is not about the shield or the helmet (it is all good) but the markings inside the helmet.

Does anyone recognize what these might be? A unit marking of some type, but what?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Transitional M18 helmet help - Unit marking?Transitional M18 helmet help - Unit marking?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional M18 helmet help - Unit marking?
    P
    Many

A former member of this forum, Jules L., has a single decal transitional where the decal is a Party shield on the left side. I don't remember what is was determined to be, but I think it was either SS or SA. I'll call him and let you know. In the meantime, please post a straight on shot of the decal just to make sure it is real. If I recall, the decal on Jules' piece is set back as well. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Jim. Just sent you a PM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Interesting Michael! Not one I have seen before, I look forward to hearing more about this one from Jim. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Interesting Michael! Not one I have seen before, I look forward to hearing more about this one from Jim. Leon.
    It turns out to be a very small world indeed. This helmet is Jules' helmet - the one I referenced in post 2! As it turns out, both Mike and I know Jules through separate circles of helmet collector friends! I was on the phone with Jules the other night talking about it when Mike PM'ed me as he indicated he would in post 3 of this thread! I have held this helmet in hand and it is 1000% correct. We just don't know for sure what the inscription on the skirt signifies. All help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Jim. Indeed that's how it all went down. And maybe those different circles will merge I to one eventually

So if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or even educates guesses it would be appreciated.