Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Trying to learn

Article about: That liner couldn't be more Norwegian if it had a nice fresh fish in it! Seriously though, guys on here such as Doug and Dave will always help to steer one on the right path. Their experienc

?

Default Re: Trying to learn

That liner couldn't be more Norwegian if it had a nice fresh fish in it!

Seriously though, guys on here such as Doug and Dave will always help to steer one on the right path. Their experience and knowledge is both fantastic and invaluable.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trying to learn
    P
    Many

On eBay You can find good ground dug helmets without decals or with very bad ones, I'm digging 10 years and I have seen 2 non-winter camo helmets, winter camo are dug out from time to time, and some 3-4 wired helmets, 3 SS, but we had here only one division, and more than hundred Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe. So camo and wired helmets live almost only in legends.

And also if You want to collect relic helmets you need to know how looks real corrosion.

?

Thats very kind of you Tiger but there are far more experienced helmet collectors on here than I, but i do try to help if i can, many of the guys have not only collected some of the rarest and best quality helmets but their research has led to many people being saved great deals of hard earned money that could have been wasted and if i have contributed in some small way then its been worth the many disappointments that i have gone through in my younger collecting yrs, i suspect we all have varying pieces of knowledge and thats the great thing about our"Hobby", we are always learning from each other

Again guys thanks very much, do appreciate it and whilst I was not going to buy the helmet in question, iy was more to start my 'education' a little and the 'fresh fish' liner was the very first thing I noticed so am glad I picked that, which of course then points into the direction of the rest of it being very wrong!

I will continue reading, and checking back on this forum and try to learn more and will doubtless pop out of the shadows from time to time to ask some 'dumb' questions!

Cheers all
    Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3