Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??

Article about: I picked this up at an Antique shop. It's an ET66 With a field over paint over the two original decals and paint, and than had two eagle decals applied before it was over painted, than it lo

Default Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??

I picked this up at an Antique shop.
    It's an ET66 With a field over paint over the two original decals and paint, and than had two eagle decals applied before it was over painted, than it looks like it was used in combat maybe.
    You can see the perfectly preserved tri-shield and heer eagle under the two overlaying decals.
    Anyone have an idea of a value?
    Or at least you perspective on what it is exactly besides the obvious. And why?
    Thanks!!
    Sorry about the photos being sideways !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??   Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??  

Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??   Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??  

Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??   Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unique? Heer Double Decal M35 Field camo/Soldier customized ??

From YouTube:

RARE! German WWII M35 double decal Heer ET66 Helmet - YouTube

What gives, ........looks like post war added decals and perhaps wear on a repainted M35.
    Regards,
    John

Not sure what it is to be honest, I know the guy said he got it direct from a Vets estate. Paint seems to match a good field paint over, and I've seen combat helmet I'm which this was done by the soldier

Hi and welcome to the forum. Unusual helmet,the only double adler helmets I have seen in the past were ones used in press photographs for Wehrmacht publications. The aim of it being that the heer adler could be seen from which ever side the shot was taken. P.S. Where did the chinstrap from the top picture go?? Leon.

I don't see a lot of problems with helmet in general it is different two heer decals I have seen one of these that I believed was genuine. i am with Leon top picture shows a chin strap and bottom one don't has it been removed in the bottom picture? timothy

That chinstrap was put on by me for the sake of making it look much better. But without it is how it came from the estate
    And thank you!

I also do not have any problem with the helmet.
    I have seen many helmet done this way.
    All of them post-war done by the GI not the Germany soldier.
    Not rare and not unique
    chris

I like it, personally. Finding it in an antique shop is even better.