Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unissued helmet info

Article about: Hi i have seen on a couple of dealer web sites unissued m42 helmets for sale, They are both tan colour and surfaced in the 80's one even mentioned may have been destined for Egypt post war b

?

Default unissued helmet info

Hi i have seen on a couple of dealer web sites unissued m42 helmets for sale, They are both tan colour and surfaced in the 80's one even mentioned may have been destined for Egypt post war but made from genuine german war time parts. Does anyone have more info on these.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unissued helmet info
    P
    Many

Default Re: unissued helmet info

Here is a link to a similar thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...64/#post546533

?

We had a discussion about them in another thread also. You can find more info on them on German-helmets.com. They are stripped from all original paint and repainted with some hard to remove epoxy coating. They are made of original parts, but that's it.

?

Anybody got a pic of these things? I have googled it, but nothing.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Anybody got a pic of these things? I have googled it, but nothing.

Regards,

Andy

There are a few of them for sale on this website. Just scroll to the bottom of the page: German WWII

?

Thanks cgp1066.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I really am suspect on these helmets, there is overspray on the outer liner ring which suggests that the leather was removed prior to painting then replaced which seems to me to be a strange way to do things as its not all that easy to put the spring bands back into situ without removing the liner ring