Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown German Helmet

Article about: Hey mates.. Just got my claws on (what i think) is a cool german helmet,got it here in Central america - but i don´t know of what sort, neither if it´s real or fake,no decals at all but it s

Default Unknown German Helmet

Hey mates..

Just got my claws on (what i think) is a cool german helmet,got it here in Central america - but i don´t know of what sort, neither if it´s real or fake,no decals at all but it sure has many markings on the shell & liner-metal-ring.. So, what can the experts in this matter tell me? Good or bad news? I hope they´ll be good... Here are pic´s, any comment is more than welcome..

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

Unknown German Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unknown German Helmet

Looks like M42, maybe it's the angle of the photo but the vent hole seems larger and higher up. To me it looks ok.. Many more people who know a lot more will be able to help

Looks like "ET 64" I can see a very faint "4" there....

?

What did you pay for it????

Quote by qotd View Post
    What did you pay for it????
    I paid nothing, i traded it against an vynil & leather Russian Tank driver helmet/cap which included headphones, wires, connectors and stuff. But if its real i guess the deal was good..

?

Yeh I reckon you did ok.....just wait for more experienced members to comment

?

Theres something not quite right about it, its a repainted shell, with a replaced liner, which i dont think was original to the helmet, the liners been messed with as the steel spring isnt positioned in the liner band, the rear marks look a little odd with the 8 being upside down, but that might be a mistake, im not too sure but i think the marks have been added after painting, if that is the case it could be a fake shell, i reckon DougB might take a look at this one or Frank

It should have a decal , leather doesn't look quite right. Difficult to judge the paint color from your pictures.
    Shell is original in my opinion but it's not a very collectible piece taking everything into account.