Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown German helmet with markings?

Article about: Hello, I believe the helmet to be an m40 shell. But what are these markings? have you guys seem them before? Or have a value for the helmet? Thanks guys!

?

Default Unknown German helmet with markings?

Hello,

I believe the helmet to be an m40 shell. But what are these markings? have you guys seem them before? Or have a value for the helmet?

Thanks guys!

Unknown German helmet with markings?Unknown German helmet with markings?Unknown German helmet with markings?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German helmet with markings?
    P
    Many

Well, the markings are a Danish shield and an RAF roundel...

This looks like an interesting helmet.
    Rask Antik had something similar and he called it a Danish Partisan helmet and price tagged at 350 euros.
    I think this is more likely to be an RAF trophy helmet owned by Danish RAF personnel. The blue / grey background paint colour is familiar in Brit military environments
    Is there any history with it?
    Cheers
    Doug

?

Thanks guys! I have had a few people look at it and say it was a from a Danish freedom fighter. Danish civilians welcome the Free Corps Danmark, a unit of the Waffen SS, upon its return from the Eastern Front in August 1942. The Free Corps was subsequently transitioned to become 25.Motorized Regiment, Waffen SS. in all, some 8,000 Danish volunteers fought under the banner of the Free Corps and 25. Motorized Regiment.
    Anyways I am not sure but one can hope!

CBH
    ?

I would say it's has nothing to do with the SS , trophy helmet is the most likely . Danish partisan is a long shot .

So you bought it from Henrik Rask then?
    As I see it has gone from his website. ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by wperez View Post
    Thanks guys! I have had a few people look at it and say it was a from a Danish freedom fighter. Danish civilians welcome the Free Corps Danmark, a unit of the Waffen SS, upon its return from the Eastern Front in August 1942. The Free Corps was subsequently transitioned to become 25.Motorized Regiment, Waffen SS. in all, some 8,000 Danish volunteers fought under the banner of the Free Corps and 25. Motorized Regiment.
    Anyways I am not sure but one can hope!
    This frog won't turn into a princess I'm afraid.

Can't imagine too many people deliberately painting a bullseye on their head.