Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

unknown german police helmet?

Article about: Greetings, I have a helmet that I purchased a couple of days ago. I'm not sure exactly what style this is. It is a "Civic one ear salt shaker vent helmet for sure, but is it an M18/M34

Default Re: unknown german police helmet?

geelong, after long searching I found 1 more as a police helmet, from other sources I've been receiving information that it seams the M34 pea green color helmets were mainly used for the police and was made anywhere between 1918 and 1939 so called "Edelstahl” helmet. I only found this one shell that I am posting to supports this. Interesting is that this style of helmet was also used for the SS, SD even though the color of the two seem to be different. This shell type doesn't seem to have been that common. It is very hard to find any information or images about this shell.

As so, I wish to that thank you and KradSpam for your support, both of you have given me a great deal of new information and helped me to solve the problem of my "mystery helmet".

In the meantime I restored this helmet, which I hated to do but had no other choice, it is the same semi gloss pea green that this helmet once had. I have to make my own liner, I can't find a Civil liner for this helmet anywhere.

At last, some pics of another shell M40 EF62 that I restored, it was in a very, very bad shape when I got it. Strange on this helmet is that the front visor sees to have been bent down wards and the right and left check part of the neck guard has been bent in wards ( you can see the bend in the pic, it's not a shadow ). It doesn't appear to be battle damaged but a deliberate modification for what reason ever. I gave it a slight rough surface.

Thank you again for your help
    Skip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown german police helmet?   unknown german police helmet?  

unknown german police helmet?   unknown german police helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown german police helmet?
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2