Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

unusual camo german helmet what do you think?

Article about: Dear all, For your consideration, a "squared" camo helmet. Manufacture stamps on the shell is NS64 and 6306. Helmet is named after: Oberl. Bergmann.The decal is golden, could it be

Definitely a toned Heer Ford as it has no ridge and is not the correct colour. Heer decals can tone to an even darker golden tone than this. I’m not getting the same feeling that I had initially looking at the second set of pics. I don’t feel that the camo patina is WW2 vintage. A good way to demonstrate this is to look at the original paint around the decal which to me has patina and the compare it to the camo paint nearest. Some areas of the camo paint look like they have been sand papered to age them as seen in the white sections coming through the orange paint. To my eyes the camo paint looks newer. The wear to the dome looks contrived in my opinion. Also the liner wear and it’s colouring look a bit off.

However, I am in no way an expert in fact I’m a beginner so my opinion is just that. So what I would suggest is to pay $15 and join the German Wallhalla Website where you will get multiple replies from collectors with many years experience. Forums - German Helmet Walhalla

Who knows you might have a winner and I hope so.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unusual camo german helmet  what do you think?
    P
    Many

I also do not like the camo , I see contrived wear and patina issues. Looks like someone's project helmet.
    The decal and inside are ok.

The problem with helmets that do not fit in with usually accepted patterns of camouflage is that they will almost certainly get branded a fake. You could argue that who in their right mind would even think of doing such a strange pattern if they wished to pass it off as genuine? But there have certainly been some rather odd fakes (and genuine) posted on here over the years. This particular pattern reminded me of an M16 helmet that I posted almost 10 years ago, and that also had an extremely unusual pattern. The majority of people who saw it branded it a fake, saying that the paint was too thick, paint over rust, not enough wear... all the usual comments - none of which were true. When examined in hand by several knowledgeable dealers it was accepted as being a highly unusual original. Never write anything off without a thorough in-hand examination, soldiers often liked to do their own thing and be a bit different from their comrades. Those that have served will understand what I mean.

I must add though, that these colours do look odd. The thick lines look almost gold on my monitor.

Cheers,
    Steve

unusual camo german helmet  what do you think?

?

Yep i know, this camo is really odd. Thanks Steve for sharing your WWI helmet picture. Indeed there are some similarities...Thick lines aren't goldish in reality but more brownish. There is no smell on the paint. Well this helmet is puzzling me.

Thanks all for your valuable expertise. Definitively I am in the right place....

Quote by ford42 View Post
    Yep i know, this camo is really odd. Thanks Steve for sharing your WWI helmet picture. Indeed there are some similarities...Thick lines aren't goldish in reality but more brownish. There is no smell on the paint. Well this helmet is puzzling me.

Thanks all for your valuable expertise. Definitively I am in the right place....
    I cannot offer you valuable expertise I'm afraid, I can only comment on what I have seen and handled over the past 50+ years. My interests are wide and varied, and not just centred on one particular part of military collecting.

Cheers,
    Steve

Ford42, check your private messages.
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2