Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh

Article about: Morning all I was browsing on E-bay this morning and came upon this little gem and it brought a smile to my face just thought I would share a couple of images and the link in case any of you

?

Default Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh

Morning all I was browsing on E-bay this morning and came upon this little gem and it brought a smile to my face just thought I would share a couple of images and the link in case any of you advanced helmet collectors are interested (WW2 GERMAN HELMET WITH LINER AND CHIN STRAP | eBay )

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh   Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh

Actually this is a rare helmet, the decals are from the 39th SS snowman division that was hastily formed on the eastern front in 1944, there were only about 20 soldiers in this division but they did not last long especially when summer came around

WOW! A real SNOWSTURM lid!!

?

Sorry guys I just could not resist posting it good for a chuckle .

Regards Mark K

?

A double decal "Frosty SN" division helmet, quite rare except during a certain period annually.
    Regards,
    John

Frosty the SS Obersantafuhrer!

sorry, fake, those are the round bottom decals.

?

i bet the seller is snowed under with requests to buy it

?

IMO this is a real helmet with good decals I think you guys are trying to snow job me on this lid.
    Round bottom SN decals are quite acceptable for this period check the reference book Frosten felddivision page 82 .
    And check out these period images I found the one is a statue that these soldats have been working on of there Kommander And the other is a shocking image of American soldiers making this felddivision soldier dig his own grave right before spring thaw .

I just had a look 12 bids and sitting at 58 GBP

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh  Unusual decals on this ET 68 made me laugh 

?

Classic DD foreign volunteer decals, belonging to the SSanta Clau SS Sturm Brigade. Experienced in winter warfare, ski combat, and northern conditions. They subsist on whale blubber, walrus fat, reindeer meat and use narwhal tusks as their main weapon. Fearsome when combating those on the naughty list. They are a mobile unit using sleigh however their curious camo scheme of red and green is not conducive to blending in snow conditions. Little is known about their commander, rumoured to be a jovial fellow who likes milk and cookies. He has never been photographed and rumoured was nearly lost in combat when stuck in a chimney.