Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35

Article about: Afternoon gents, just picked up this single decal apple green HEER, over painted matt grey M35 helmet. The paint has been on this one for a long time and shows great natural patina but it is

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks David, in that case it is an unknown lot number anomaly for sure. The liner pins are certainly un-messed with, so this is the liner fitted in the Reich period. I said it was an unusual one!!! Leon.
    Do you have any idea how much I love all this ? Only to be face to face discussion would just "put it all over the edge"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35
    P
    Many

Sadly I no longer own this one, I passed it on about 5 years ago, but I think if I recall correctly it was an SE helmet,apple green interior and slate grey outer. Very similar in many respects (except the shipboard grey). Leon. Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35Unusual HEER SE66 082 M35

Beautiful. I zoomed in...SE 64 & another 3 digit oddball lot#. Notice the factory smooth split pins left over from earlier M35s'.

Again...this is not a "re-issue". If I were, the inside would have been painted textured feldgrau as the exterior. This is a factory produced navy...without the 49XX lot # we would expect to see which tells me, the 3 digit lot# could be absolutely anything as far as time frame from 1936-1940.
    Last edited by real steel; 09-03-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Brian Ice puts it late in 1935 David.
    ( He has 081 as a DD Heer and 083 as a DD Luft )
    Another issue. SE did not produce M35 Luft helmets until 1937, Heer helmets until 1936. ET was the only manufacturer making M35s' in 1935.
    This is not written in stone, but is what has been observed & accepted in the helmet community. And Ludwig Baer

Are there pics of the helmets Dan 081 & 083 that are 1935 SE helmets ? Would love to see them,would love to see an SE 1935 dome stamp. That's the only way he can prove they are 1935 issue & I doubt it will be seen

Hi David. No, I'm just going by the numbers in his book. Hard for me to discern good facts from fanciful in some books.

Back in the 1980's I was an Angolia faithful ........ and that was later proven to be not all gospel either.....

Regards Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi David. No, I'm just going by the numbers in his book. Hard for me to discern good facts from fanciful in some books.

Back in the 1980's I was an Angolia faithful ........ and that was later proven to be not all gospel either.....

Regards Dan
    Poor Angolia. After all these years, getting a "Bad Rap".

Have a couple of his books around someplace. Still stuck in the house another day, maybe I will read thru one or two

MAP
    ?

I go away for a few days and miss all the fun!!!!

Stellar pick up Leon. I love it.

A fabulous thread and input by everyone.

Once my PC is working again, I can't wait to look at it on something other than my cell phone...any chances of outdoor photos???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by real steel View Post
    Another issue. SE did not produce M35 Luft helmets until 1937, Heer helmets until 1936. ET was the only manufacturer making M35s' in 1935.
    This is not written in stone, but is what has been observed & accepted in the helmet community. And Ludwig Baer

Are there pics of the helmets Dan 081 & 083 that are 1935 SE helmets ? Would love to see them,would love to see an SE 1935 dome stamp. That's the only way he can prove they are 1935 issue & I doubt it will be seen
    I have seen these visually but nothing that puts them in the 1935 period.
    M35 0001 SE 68 SD Heer - reissue steel liner reissue decal 96% (slight damage on the left wing , superficial spots and scars) - brown/dark brown leather unevenly discolored
    M35 073 SE 66 DD LW alu reinforced liner 1940 Eagle +80% (both wings have several damage spots , also the claw holding the swastika) - tricolor 98% (two scratches running through black and white part) - brown leather with writing
    M35 074 SE 66 DD LW steel liner tan camo over the LW blue paint - both decals partiall visible - light brown leather - painted name near lotnr
    M35 077 SE 64 SD Heer - reissue steel liner toned eagle 85% (damaged legs - right wing) possibly applied over another eagle - brown leather
    M35 078 SE 66 SD KM - reissue alu reinforced liner 1940 round cornered D rings - painted name/FP nr - dome stamp - round chunk out of decal
    M35 102 SE 66 DD LW (covered by tan camo)
    M35 258 SE 68 DD LW alu reinforced liner 1938 Eagle 80% (damage to the body almost separating both wings , left and right wing have damage spots and head) - tricolor 95% (few spots in the white area) - used dark brown leather - partial painted name above lotnr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3