Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Helmet decals

Article about: Hi guys, I found this online, and thought it was rather interesting. I couldn't find a corresponding wappen shield for any German states, so I'm not sure what this is exactly. The maker code

?

Default Unusual Helmet decals

Hi guys, I found this online, and thought it was rather interesting. I couldn't find a corresponding wappen shield for any German states, so I'm not sure what this is exactly. The maker code appears to be SE64, and the lot stamp is 10029. I hope this proves to be an interesting topic for our helmets gurus!
    Best,
    Eddie

Unusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decalsUnusual Helmet decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Helmet decals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unusual Helmet decals

Ive never seen a shield like that perhaps others have, but there is a reference in my book re the lightning flash, its supposed to denote late war shock troops, how true that is is anyones guess, but the one ive been looking at is on a M38 FJ Helmet

I have not seen anything like this before.
    The lightning I have seen it but not on a M40.
    Maybe Jim ,frank or Doug could help on this one.
    chris

?

Thanks for the replies guys. Do the decals look ok, and not postwar applied? Does it look like camo, or just rust killing off random spots of Heer green paint? Maybe Doug, Frank, or Jim could take a peek?

?

The only thing that comes remotely close is a helmet I saw from an advanced collection that I think was a LW helmet and it had some sort of squadron insignia painted on which looked legitimate. That said the paint color is Heer not LW and the insignia looks rather late 60's Flash Gordon to me. I would want to see it in hand with ADM to be honest before making my mind up.
    Cheers
    Hows that for sitting on the fence. :-)
    Doug

?

Haha, how's the view from up there Doug? Thanks for the reply though, strange, and doesn't bode well for this piece if you guys don't recognize it.
    P.S. does it look like camo, or just wear on the paint?

?

Looks heavily rusted from here.