Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Luftschutz helmet

Article about: Hi guys. I just found this helmet on an auction site and i cant decide what type is this,can you help me?

Vasmadar
    ?

Default Unusual Luftschutz helmet

Hi guys.
    I just found this helmet on an auction site and i cant decide what type is this,can you help me?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Luftschutz helmet   Unusual Luftschutz helmet  

Unusual Luftschutz helmet  

2. # ADS

Default re: Unusual Luftschutz helmet

It looks to be a wartime produced beaded one piece luftschutz helmet with original paint, liner and chinstrap. It does not seem that it ever had a decal on the front. I suspect that the band is postwar, and that it was white and of reflective material, perhaps tape, for use by a fireman. It looks as if someone has tried to remove the band, with limited success. Anyone else have any thoughts? Jim G.

helmet2ID is right I guess. These helmets were sometimes reissued after the war. Of course the wings and swastika were swiftly done away with.

You might have a look at this invaluable site: German-Helmets.com

Cheers,
    Emile

CMc
    ?

The possibility of the stripe being 'hi-viz' reflective tape is a good suggestion, certainly having had to replace it on modern vehicles before, the modern stuff makes a mess very like that on the surface it was attached to, and it would make sense for a fire service or search and rescue helmet to carry a hi-viz stripe.

Vasmadar
    ?

Default Re: Unusual Luftschutz helmet

Thank you for your feedbacks.