Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed

Article about: Hello!! Found this one here in FL. local a couple years ago. It was from an estate sale and was \\$130. I wanted a Pith helmet at the time, so I sold this one for \\$250, and bought a Pith for \\$

Default Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed

Hello!! Found this one here in FL. local a couple years ago. It was from an estate sale and was $130. I wanted a Pith helmet at the time, so I sold this one for $250, and bought a Pith for $150. Everything worked out, and I got what I wanted for my collection. Wanted to know what I sold here, maybe a Police helmet or??

The interior paint and liner looked orig to me, but the hand painted national symbols on both sides was unusual to me, and really do not know what it was, maybe a police helmet. The painted symbols looked very old. The outside of helmet I think was repainted also. I forget the size, but it was small. It looks like the original owner name was written liner, and the name "D. Iannone" was probably the GI who brought it back. Here are some pics.
    Any opinions what, and when the "artwork" is / was done??

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed   Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed  

Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed   Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed  

Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed   Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed  

Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual M40 Helmet/ Opinions-Info Needed

Nice lid though

Looks like a vet might have done in the 50's or other, to enhance it for telling tall tales when the drinking buddies are over for a card game!! The paint does look pretty old. It's gone now, and like my Pith helmet better, it's never been messed with. I like the untouched stuff, like my weapons collection. A little new to headgear, but it is coming along good, with the help from yourself, and others on the site. Thanks!!

Regards, Steve

Hi John, thanks, it was a nice little helmet. I will keep watch for more to post.

Regards, Steve